Heller 707 Returns!

DrewP

Just a quick question on the quality of the pictures? I was thinking it could be the place where I take pictures of the models I finish. Looks ok?

Drew

Myself, i consider the lack of windows a blessing. One of the recurring complaints i hear about Boeing airliner models, is that the windows are set too low on the side of the fuselage.

By how much, i don't know. But i do think lopping off the nose, lowering it by a millimeter or two and then massive amounts of filler and sanding , to get the cockpit windows to line up better with the kit windows is a lot of work for the improvement. Decal windows eliminate this problem. Just my personal opinion.

-d-

Edited by David H

Well mine arrived today from Heller in Normandy and two big plus points - it has the fuselage with windows and it is all in white plastic. A RAAF tanker looms - but where to put it?

Mine arrived yesterday from ABC models in France (off ebay).

Unfortunately the uk courier (DPD / Menzies) not only wouldnt leave at home without a signature despite offering that option or peovide the 1 hour delivery slot.

Somewhere on route they managed to squash the box luckily there is a lot of air in the box so the plastic fine.

White with windows for mine.

Cheers

Chris

I built the E3D some years ago and I thought it an excellent 707 airframe, and the cockpit windows just right. So many kits get the look all wrong when it comes to this area.

Interesting that you mention that. Throughout the years kit manufacturers have repeatedly blown Boeing's noses.

Heller and Hasegawa have been pretty consistent about getting this area right. Minicraft does such a great job on their Douglas subjects that i sometimes wonder if they cack up the Boeing cockpit windows on purpose, out of spite....

-d-

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

With regard to this new Heller Boeing 707 release: Do some kits feature window holes while others don't ?

Is there a distinction on the kit number ?

On a different subject, I wish Heller or any other injection kit manufacturer would produce the Boeing 727-100 in 1/72 scale !!!

I know that KMC produced the 727-200 in 1/72 scale many years ago.I have one of these kits and it is dreadfully inaccurate !

8 hours ago, Leongrnfld said:

With regard to this new Heller Boeing 707 release: Do some kits feature window holes while others don't ?

Is there a distinction on the kit number ?.!

I believe there was a packing issue and Heller included the wrong fuselage type in some kits.  All should have had window holes.

17 hours ago, TrojanThunder said:

I believe there was a packing issue and Heller included the wrong fuselage type in some kits.  All should have had window holes.

Many thanks for letting me know.