Heller 707 Returns!

DrewP

Rejoice! I just found out (by surfing through eBay) Heller has released their 1/72 707 in old Air France colors! Go grab up one for yourself, they're pretty fairly priced. Oh, How I've waited for this day for several years. Hope to start seeing these pop up in RFI! Have a great week everyone.

Drew

Edit: Shipping is limited - So far they don't ship to the western US.

Edited by DrewP
  • Like 3

What price did you see them for Drew? I only found one at the asking price was 80 pounds!

The one on eBay was set at 33 Euros, found here. Despite what the item description says, eBay won't let me order it because it says that they don't ship to where I live yet (on the west coast) so I sent a message to the seller to see what I could do about that. Heller also has it listed as available on their website for 39 euros, not including post.

Drew

• Like 1

Has Heller sorted out its receivership issues? I'm probably wrong but I thought they had gone pear shaped earlier this year :shrug:?

Best regards

Tony

Has Heller sorted out its receivership issues? I'm probably wrong but I thought they had gone pear shaped earlier this year :shrug:?

I'm sure they're still having some internal/financial problems, but it looks like they've sorted out the ownership issue they had earlier. The release of this kit has rejuvenated my hopes in the company. Now all I'm waiting for is their Constellation. There's a couple threads around here and on AirlinerCafe talking about their earlier issues. You can check them out to get some more information (I don't know much about the happenings over at Heller). All I know is that I'm getting myself a 707 and doing either Tampa Colombia or good ol' TWA.

• Like 1

The one on eBay was set at 33 Euros, found here. Despite what the item description says, eBay won't let me order it because it says that they don't ship to where I live yet (on the west coast) so I sent a message to the seller to see what I could do about that. Heller also has it listed as available on their website for 39 euros, not including post.

Drew

Thanks Drew, just curious. I have an older boxing I got for $20 a couple of years ago.

Bought this kit from the Heller website a few days ago. Emailed them to ask when it might be shipped. Received an email daemon error suggesting that the mailbox didn't exist. Tried their website to find that it was unavailable and still is 😬

Looks like I'll have to make a call on PayPal 🙁

Despite the tracking showing awaiting collection, it has just arrived via DPD.

If you wouldn't mind taking shots of the sprues and decals, it would be greatly appreciated. Hope you enjoy your kit!! Mine comes in around the 16th so I have some waiting to do :( .

Drew

If you wouldn't mind taking shots of the sprues and decals, it would be greatly appreciated. Hope you enjoy your kit!! Mine comes in around the 16th so I have some waiting to do :( .

Drew

If you have seen the AWACS, you have seen this. The windows are not punched through, and can just about be made out on the plastic. Apart from specific AWACS sprue with rotodome atc, it's the same kit. Decals AF as per the box, BOAC with the deep cheat line and BOAC in gold under the cockpit. You do get window sprues with the kit and apertures in the decals, so there is some work to do, or replace the decals . Mine was due late next week, so yours may be early too.

• Like 2

... The windows are not punched through, and can just about be made out on the plastic.

Probably perfect for a cargo variant! Not a lot of cargo 1/72 decal sheets are available, other than 26's and one from Draw. No windows means I can finally do my second favorite 707, behind SAA. Looks like I can start practicing dioramas :yahoo: Thanks for the info on the contents.

Drew

Sorry to change the subject real quick, but Tamiya's 1/100 E175 is now out (might have been for a little bit) on eBay for $21 (£16) + shipping here, however only 5 left. Just thought I should let those who might have been interested know about it.

Drew

Edited by DrewP

Seems that my order is all over the place. Their website came back up with new graphics but the 707 no longer has a "buy" option. My order is still listed as "In preparation" after a week. I've now asked to cancel the order as I'm moving house shortly and don't want the faff of getting it sent on - if it ever gets sent at all! :confused:

Ok, that's weird! After all that, just got a knock on the door from my neighbour bearing... that's right, a shiny new Heller 707. Annoyed at lack of communication but VERY Happy with the new arrival! :thumbsup:

Enjoy your newest arrival! I'm having problems with my order too, this time from eBay. Me, having the same problem as you (moving soon, don't want it sent to the wrong state) requested a month delay on shipping, in both English and translated into French. I then get a notification three days later that it has shipped, but the seller said he delayed shipping. I'm so confused by this! Not only that, but my leave-date to head out to my new town is set for tomorrow and the buyers of my house are making it very difficult for that to happen, which may cause a delay in my move, which could cause the kit to arrive to an empty house. What a nightmare!!