F-35 colours

Vingtor

It may be just my perception, but from Colourcoats' perspective it's just a high quality finely ground pigment in a medium length chain enamel base, matched to FS36170 and for a model I don't think any metallic particles should be added to the paint. That would look sparkly whereas the real thing has a very uniform sheen to it.

I believe that is one way to get a convincing representation of the fullsize in 1/72 or 1/48 scale having played with this stuff now is just to make sure you get a smooth finish, which happily is what Colourcoats is good at. If it were me doing it with my paint I'd:

1. Spend the time on the surface prep of the plastic, polishing if necessary as though I were going to do a natural metal finish
  2. Thin with cellulose to around 50/50
  3. Spray on at a medium-high pressure
  4. Clearcoat the FS36170 and FS36320 separately applying satin to the former and flat matt to the latter

:)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great news! I am looking forward to picking up the paint at Telford so that I can finish my model. But first I must paint the RAM colour and mask the lines before applying the dark grey.

Nils

• 11 months later...

I want to make F-35. And I want use Mr. Paint colors. Can you help me which shade of this color is correct for nose of this aircraft. Also I want to know which clear finish can I use. And what about web on the top of the fuselage. Is it nessesary and which color is it. Thank you for advance.

Best wishes,

Miran, Slovenia-EU