Harrier GR3 on standby (Airfix 1/72)

Afternoon Fellow modellers

Here is the new Airfix Harrier GR3 with Pavla nozzles and Eduard PE. The decals are from Xtradecal and the Houchin starter from Flightpath

port%20rear%20flat%201%20of%201_zpstcopw

port%20level%20close%201%20of%201_zpsxww

stb%20cockpit%20close%20level%201%20of%2

stb%20overhead%201%20of%201_zps0rbowrf9.

Do you remember when back in the 1970s we saw the Harrier GR3 as one of our most fearsome ground attack aircraft? They would pop out from the woods and take off from a road. Not sure in that era of dumb munitions whether they really would have been all that effective?

Andrew

• Like 43

Very nice - the fist photo looks particularly "real". I like the subtle staining aft of the vortex generators.

Regards

Tim

Lovely work indeed. The backdrop sets it all off nicely.

Must get back round to my Harrier family

Eng

Andrew,

That is a fine looking Harrier. The finish, weathering, and display are quite nice. I had been wondering about that kit and after seeing yours, I think I'd like to add one to my collection!

Todd

Thanks Guys

The fit in some areas was a little iffy for me, particularly around the blow in doors on the air intakes. Had to do quite a bit of filling and sanding there.

Still it looks the part of a Harrier for me, airfix are doing a great job re-vitalising 1/72

Andrew

That's a very nice little diorama. Lovely finish on the Harrier, and that houchin must have been fun at that scale.

Just one comment.....

'Hats off for flight safety !' ........ ahh the memories. Someone must know what I'm on about. :winkgrin:

Cheers

Gaz

• Like 2

That's a very nice little diorama. Lovely finish on the Harrier, and that houchin must have been fun at that scale.

Just one comment.....

'Hats off for flight safety !' ........ ahh the memories. Someone must know what I'm on about. :winkgrin:

Cheers

Gaz

I was just thinking, "no head dress on the line!".

Very nice model though, that Houchin sets it off nicely, even if the lad manning it is contravening flight safety orders!