ALE-40 questions (On C-130)

ReccePhreak

Well, I just found proof that the "armpit" dispensers are angled down.

FLARE_MAGAZINE_PANEL.jpg

C-130-FAB.jpg

14802024814_5c27accf68_b.jpg

And, according to the last picture, the flares are always loaded in the aft dispenser, with the chaff in the forward dispenser. 

Didn't pay attention to the window location, at first.

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak
Correct mistake on last picture

• 3 weeks later...

Just noticed Attack Squadron have these now available in resin

EDIT: I see that Hannants also has them... as per previous post by Jay

As mentioned in my reply to Jay, I am going to use the Brengun PE chaff/flare sets. They will be easier to install in the kit, IMHO.

I already have the "armpit" chaff/flare pits & pylon adapters scratch built, now I will add the PE sets after painting the aircraft.

Larry

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

For those looking for the Attack Squadron, they are no longer in business.  They sold out to a company in Hungary, according to their news emails.  I was fortunate to get a few parts, mostly for my build of a KC-130J Harvest Hawk.  It's a USMC tanker with the capability to find and shoot targets with Hellfire missiles and Griffin missiles.  The Hellfire is located on the typical 4 position rack hung on the left outboard pylon and the griffins are launched from a ramp door launcher of 10 missiles or a two missile tube launcher shooting through tubes aimed downward on the "Derringer Door" located in the spot where the left jump door was. I am currently getting parts together along with learning about the craft.

Rick

Edited by thewizardofaz