Fokker D.VII - Lithuania 1928-30 - Revell 1/72

This is my last Lithuanian Fokker D.VII, so this topic is finished for me.
Next will be three of Polish Fokker and one from Finland, but I don't know when.
I have 3 or 4 Roden and 1 additional Revell and 1 ESCI and 2 PE sets from Part for it.
So I present you my Fokker D.VII - 5 from Lithuanian Air Service ca.1928.
Enjoy it
img_6842.jpg
img_6841.jpg
img_6844.jpg
img_6840.jpg
img_6839.jpg
img_6838.jpg
here both of my Lithuanian Fokkers in early national markings and last version of it
img_6845.jpg
img_6843.jpg
img_6846.jpg

• Like 40

Very nice indeed - I especially like the camouflaged version! I don't do many Great War subjects, but I've always been tempted to do a post-war D.VII.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

This is what the hobby is all about, a bit of research to find something that hundreds have not built before coupled with some very careful building has produced a pair of lovely models illustrating a relatively little known part of aviation history.

Well Done, Trev.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, Jack109 said:

Very nice! Can I ask which tecnique did you use for the camouflage ?

Thanks 

Thank you, I used airbrush and crayon for the shadows on FOK.DVII-2. 

Thank you, but how actually to mask the 2 colors?

did you use blue tac, masking tape or paper detached from the model?

I am a beginner I apologize if its obvious... I really like the shadowy look on your model.

ps I bet you used a masking tape cutted

Thanks

Edited by Jack109

18 hours ago, Jack109 said:

Thank you, but how actually to mask the 2 colors?

did you use blue tac, masking tape or paper detached from the model?

I am a beginner I apologize if its obvious... I really like the shadowy look on your model.

ps I bet you used a masking tape cutted

Thanks

No problem. In this case I used paper mask (fixed with Humbrol maskol), but in other projects I used blue tac as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice!  I have a few post-war Fokkers on the list as well.  I have made a few before but when I moved across the pond, they did not.  So I'll do them again.  Thanks for the post!

• Like 1

On 02/08/2016 at 1:13 AM, vh-bob said:

This is what the hobby is all about, a bit of research to find something that hundreds have not built before coupled with some very careful building has produced a pair of lovely models illustrating a relatively little known part of aviation history.

Well Done, Trev.

I agree completely. Of course, we all model for different reasons and not everyone wants to do the research and prefers to simply build OOB. It takes all sorts to make the kaleidascope of variation we see here.

Martin

• Like 1

It is nice to see some OOB kits on the current market that also reflect this trend for lesser known eras.  KP is putting out some nice kits of post-WW1 and post-WW2 aircraft, as is AZ Models.  Still, I love the research and the history involved in the building.  I have bags of decals, both leftover and new releases that are just waiting for the right kit.  

• Like 1