SA Bulldog

Simon Cornes

Just seen this listed on Hannants latest flyer - Tarangus, 1/48, £34.99. Sounds interesting and an alternative to the Heritage kit. I had no idea it was in the offing and may have to buy one!

Simon

I've got their Saab 91 and it's a sweet little kit, the Bulldog should be really nice, IMO an inspired choice. Where on earth in the nose can you add enough weight to keep it from being a tail sitter?

The only other Bulldog kit I was aware of was the old 1/72 Airfix kit.

What only one Simon, who are you trying to kid!!

Well Chris, I have the Heritage one already and its a decent kit but an injection moulded version - 10% cheaper, and thats on the current value of the £, than the Heritage kit - should be a real winner. I could just do with a brand new Chippie at the same (or lower!) price and then I would think we were making progress!!

Of course the new kit needs SUAS markings but maybe the people in Norfolk can sort that out? !!

Hi

Here is the Hertige kit. A great little model that went together really well. The only problem is unfortunately the canopy which is not square. In the attached picture the anti glare panel is true to the airframe but you will notice an adjustment on the stbd side where the windscreen is missing. Shame really so definitley try the Taurungus one.

IMG_9416_zpsth5ua6b0.jpg

IMG_9413_zpsmfbonxg4.jpg

Colin

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have the Heritage kit (as yet unbuilt), and the instructions say that the canopy has been re-designed. I shall certainly be investigating the Tarangus one, though.

Yes, I have both a resin and a vac form canopy but, to be honest, I haven't compared the two. I would expect an injection moulded kit to be a lot easier to build though although I wonder in Eduard will do a set of colour etch straps? One thing to be aware with the old Dog - canopy release mechanism on the canopy centre line with an external lever that looks like a sherbet lolly on the outside - yellow ball on a stick! and an Outside Air Temperature probe directly in line at the top of the windscreen with an OAT gauge on the other inside the windscreen. Quite distinctive features (and fun at 1/72nd!!)

Simon