Revell 1/72 Tornado

Hi Eng,

Thanks for the compliments! The LGBs are modified GBU-12s from Hasegawa's Aircraft Weapons VI set. I made the hardbacks from sections of styrene tubing, and the GPS antennas and other fairings on the seeker from styrene strip and rod. The decals came from my spares. Here's another pic of the weapons...

DSC_0079_1.jpg

That really is a work of art! The weap's are as good as the jet itself, love the subtle variation between the two 2250ltr tanks, both in colour and the choice of decals.

Incredible work. Please don't hesitate to post some more pics!

Eng

That really is a work of art! The weap's are as good as the jet itself, love the subtle variation between the two 2250ltr tanks, both in colour and the choice of decals.

Incredible work. Please don't hesitate to post some more pics!

Eng

Thank you Eng! These days it seems that the weapons are just as important as the jets that carry them. I saw a few photos of the mis - matched fuel tanks and figured I had to try and replicate that :-) Edited by TBP1538

• 5 months later...

Wow! Without a doubt, the best 1/72 Tornado build I have seen! You nailed the weathering, panel lines, and the thrust reverser exhaust stains that many times get overlooked on a Tornado model.

Mike