Revell 1/72 Tornado

Hello all,

I've been lurking in the shadows and admiring the works of so many great modelers on this site for a while now. However, given the subject of my latest build, I thought it was time I finally contribute something. So, here it is... I'm no Tornado expert by any stretch, but I tried to model a front-line GR.4.

Hope you like it!

Todd

DSC_0066_1.jpgDSC_0060_1.jpgDSC_0068_3.jpgDSC_0065%203_1.jpgDSC_0072%202.jpgDSC_0078%202.jpgDSC_0081%202.jpgDSC_0073.jpgDSC_0077%202.jpg

• Like 74

:worthy: Easily one of the best 1/72 Tornados I've seen, could even pass for 1/32! The painting, weathering and details all look spot on, amazing job! I'm going to start one soon (already built a few now) but was wondering what aftermarket nose you used and how you managed to get the canopy so clear, my kits nearly all have flaws on them.

One to be really proud of there!

David.

I'm envious of your skills. All that detail, and it is in 1/72nd!

I just hope you find those guys some ladders!

Edited by FatFlyHalf

A lovely finished model but I'm not a Tornado builder and it looks ship shape to me. We used to get lots of them flying near us when the TWCU was at RAF Honington many years ago. You may lurk no more!! Keep up the excellent work. Cheers mate.

albamac :guitar::viking:

I agree, you've built a terrific looking Tornado.

I was ferreting through the stash last night and I happened to pull out this kit to have a look at it. The detail on it is incredibly fine for 1/72 scale, definitely a standout.

You've done a superb job of capturing the look of an operational bird. Well done.

Welcome to Britmodeller! I don't think you could have made a better first post - the Tornado is beautiful. I especially like the subtle weathering. It's so easy to overdo that, but as someone said - you nailed it.

Cheers,

Bill

A lovely job, and you'd barely know it was 1:72. Those figures really set it off, and they're in very realistic poses. If I were a 1:72 guy I'd be looking to find out who made them. Unless they also do some in 1:48? :)

Hello,Todd -.No,I don't like your 'Tornado' - I love it!! The detail and quality of the paint and finishing work is superb.Along with her crew figures,she really looks the part. ;) All the best,Paul.