Summer in the Gentleman's scale.

Both of those two are looking superb Steve. Excellent progress. :thumbsup:

Arriving late to this one Steve. What a great project, I can't choose a favorite.

Many thanks Stix and Cookie,enjoying doing a half hour here and there on these smaller kit's and the variation in schemes breaks up the chances

of getting bored!

• Like 2

I've started thinking of this as the pick n' mix thread - you never know which aircraft will be updated next :) Most enjoyable and great work Steve.

Tony

Thank,s Tony glad you are enjoying it,off for the weekend so will get a chance to get the paint for the Spitfire Vb and the now started Mustang PR

which are the final two of the collection.

Hi folks,we've had a loss in the form of the second Typhoon,I,m just not happy with the painting over the stripes for the codes so for now I've boxed

up the kit and may re-paint it.Anyway better news as the Mustang PR is ready for the white areas of the striping and the Vb has it's Azure blue and

top colours added,it's not a bad little kit in shape I need to replace the canopy and prop which are useless and find some U/C doors as the kit has

none!

DSCN3543_zpsniyyio5y.jpg

• Like 9

Morning all,a sparse week for modelling time this one but I had been putting off work on the Swordfish as the top wing was not looking

as good as previous builds but with a bit of cursing and tape she is fixed,I need a little tidying up of the paintwork around the stripes on

the leading edge the a bit of weathering is in order.

DSCN3563_zpsgzuurpp2.jpg

• Like 9

Hi all,I did,nt go with the original scheme planned on the Hurricane I plan to use it when more time permits,so I used the decals from an Aldi cheapie I had a while

back.

DSCN3601_zpsoq1ki4rw.jpg

And basic paint on the Mustang.

DSCN3602_zpsj77ud4ga.jpg

DSCN3603_zps47un9jvf.jpg

• Like 8

On 15/09/2016 at 3:33 PM, rob85 said:

That mustang is looking very nice already! Very excited for the end result. As do all the others, good to see them all progressing Steve.

Rob

Thank's Rob.I did,nt go with the original scheme planned on the Hurricane I plan to use it when more time permits,so I used the decals from an Aldi cheapie I had a while

back.

DSCN3601_zpsoq1ki4rw.jpg

And basic paint on the Mustang.

DSCN3602_zpsj77ud4ga.jpg

DSCN3603_zps47un9jvf.jpg

DSCN3610_zps7nj4ar3m.jpg

DSCN3608_zpsnpl2jv92.jpgDSCN3609_zpsbxdaslbv.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 6

Morning folk's,well as summer draws to a close this build looks like it will over run a little all are now at the Matt coat stage after that it is just a matter

of adding the canopies,etc.Anyway a quick update on the Mustang which needs a re-touch on the cockpit interior as the decals are now on.

DSCN3620_zpstbw7dhwe.jpg

And the remaining Typhoon is almost there.

DSCN3622_zpsj7m2hygn.jpg

• Like 8

Holy moley, how did I miss this thread? I've just used up all my likes on it. Steve all these planes look amazing, Idont know how you can juggle so many. Beautiful, beautiful work. 

I'm just glad I made it before they're all totally finished.

B) I'll pull up the cushion in the corner, the one the dog sits on.

John.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Very nice set of builds! Is the Mustang the Academy kit? It looks good in PR blue.

Regards,

Adrian

It's Hobbyboss easy kit Adrian,£3:99 ideal for a hassle free build especially if you prefer the painting side of modelling.

• Like 1

Wow, the pinnacle of modelling management!

Having several builds on the go seems normal to me, but, you're actually getting along with them all at a good pace!

Well done! To say I'm inspired is almost correct? Flabbergasted may be better!

Edited by It's a disease
  • Like 1

The Mustang does look good! I've biult a couple of HobbyBoss kits - the Mig 3 (excellent) and the Yak-3 (so-so). I think they seem to be very variable, a bit like Academy. It's a great fleet you are building - I like the invasion stripes theme.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1