Lancia Stratos HF San Remo Rally 1975

Ok so I've finally managed to get this finished, well almost anyway lol.

Whilst taking the pics I realised I'd forgotten the add the licence plate decals and the headlight beam ones too :doh:

Oh well they're easy to add later lol.

The WIP can be found here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235004250-lancia-hf-stratos-1975-rally-san-remo/

So here she is:

28438555692_7b5afd0d1f_c.jpg

27927608774_686f3ab66e_c.jpg

27927608704_d2e75c5bac_c.jpg

27929124263_9a42b51efd_c.jpg

27929123253_ba0e03f6e7_c.jpg

28544603475_f83ec2dd6c_c.jpg

28260825410_652245fc21_c.jpg

27929119503_3b6ccf121a_c.jpg

27929120983_2ec31784d4_c.jpg

And with her sister's on the Ledge of Lusty Lancia's ;)

27927610844_21ef749f0e_c.jpg

28438557082_c7f6520a86_c.jpg

As always comments, questions etc most welcome.

TTFN Ashley

• Like 9

Nice very nice!

Great Stratos collection to!

Roger

Thanks Roger :thumbsup:

Talk about a Lancia overlaod,stunning collection and a beautiful build...

Thanks Vince. There's 3 more Lancia's on the Lusty Ledge. Just out of shot to the right lol.

Plus I have another 3 Stratos's, 7 037's and 5 Delta's in the Stash lol :whistle:

Ashley

• Like 1

Neat work Ashley, I like that! Missed your wip thread sorry, but I'm off for a read of it now!

Nice Strat!

Keith

Thanks and that's OK Keith. Glad you managed to catch the rfi though lol. The wip doesnt have a lot to it really as this became an also build over time lol.

Hey Ashley,

those Stratii are very nice but that SWB Audi S1 gets my blood flowing like no other car ever built, they're my absolute all-time favourite car ever built. Ahhhhhhhhh.

Thanks. The Quattro is a paper model I built a few years back. I'm thinking of making a new one to see if I can make it better lol. I also have plans for the Pikes Peak version too ;)

Ashley

• Like 1

Hi Ashley,

well that's one thread I'd be keen to follow.

I used to follow UK Rallying back in the late '70's, early '80's, and consider was lucky enough to be around when the sport was at it's very best.

The noise of a Stratos, barking it's way through a forrest stage, at night, had to be heard to be believed!

A friend of mine owns a none Turbo quattro coupe, we were leaving an airfield where there was an exotic car driving day taking place and we floored it and every single person there turned around and smiled in appreciation. Great day.

• Like 2

Hi Ashley,

well that's one thread I'd be keen to follow.

I used to follow UK Rallying back in the late '70's, early '80's, and consider was lucky enough to be around when the sport was at it's very best.

The noise of a Stratos, barking it's way through a forrest stage, at night, had to be heard to be believed!

A friend of mine owns a none Turbo quattro coupe, we were leaving an airfield where there was an exotic car driving day taking place and we floored it and every single person there turned around and smiled in appreciation. Great day.

Thanks Reggie. Not sure when I'll get round to the paper models. They are a faff all of the own lol.

And you certainly can't beat the sound or a v6 Barking away. I still maintain the best is the full international spec 3.0L Metro 6r4 ;) The Quattro 5 cylinder is a class of its own too. Especially turbo's with a proper wastegate lol.

My friend had a Metro GTI sprint car with a chipped 1.4 k series. Otherwise standard engine, but it had a side exit exhaust and even with a massive central box filled to bursting with padding it still only just scrapped through the noise tests. It was the loudest car in the championship hehe.

Very nice

Love them all

Rgds

Thanks. The kits themselves have a large part in their outcome I think lol.

Better stock up on the popcorn then for the WIP's lol....

Lol thanks. They probs won't make an appearance until next year unfortunately. I just discovered I actually have 9 037's in the stash lol

Ashley

• Like 2

Hi Ashley . I tried to build a paper kit Quattro S1 , but gave up . Far to fiddly and loads of cutting involved . Your completed model looks great though . I like the look of your die cast collection too . I filled the gaps in my plastic kits with die cast models to form my history of rally cars collection . I agree about engine sounds . Modern WRC cars sound flat and strangled . Give me a BDG any day !!!

Gary .

• Like 1

Thanks Gary.

So looks like there will be a wip on the paper S1's then judging by the interest a back of shot glimpse has gained. Haha

Won't be for a good while yet though.

Yes I started collecting diecast group B and associated cars as there wasn't a large amount avaliable as plastic kits. Im a group B boy haha. Even trying to write a book with 100% correct facts lol. 1 chapter in 4 years, oh dear :(

And I agree with modern WRC. The cars even look boring on the stages. The supposed better 2017 rule changes haven't made a difference in that regard when watching the test footage :(

The problem is there's too many rules governing the cars and only 1 class. But hey people wish we had Group S yet don't realise, we actually do lol.

Ashley

• Like 1