Back home after surgery,summer project AMK Mig-31 B/BS

I had a muscular envelope surgery a week ago and a whole 2 months prior to that I didn't work on a single kit.So its time for something truly special.Although I said "summer project" considering how big the kit is and how much work it requires I'll be happy if I finish it before winter (and probably will).I truly hope this will be the best kit I ever made and will put my 110% into making it.Hope you guys enjoy this WIP :)

13698298_1055144157866065_24859982487005

Edited by McMaster
  • Like 2

- This kit is certainly big but there is no real problem with it thanks to some modular parts it is certainly the best kit I have ever built , just take some care with the nose and the main gear in watching very carefully the notice these are the only tricky point of this kit .....Oh ! BTW..glad to see you're back home ....I have to spent a few moments on the snooker table in September ......Some piping problems they says....They'll got the skin not the bones. :boxing:

• Like 2

Finished the cockpit tub today,though everything is still just dry fitted.I think it turned out OK,but you be the judge.Weathered with AK washes (Paneliner for grey and blue camo and a Streaking grime wash).The seats will be added later on.

IMG_5609_zpszgokjuat.jpg

IMG_5586_zpscveqq5op.jpg

IMG_5587_zpsfdjirbz0.jpg

IMG_5593_zps2j7myiqi.jpg

IMG_5590_zpsxnkos4bc.jpg

IMG_5595_zpslswkt05o.jpg

IMG_5592_zps5hidkxcp.jpg

IMG_5600_zpsvgausyfn.jpg

IMG_5589_zpslszapnc5.jpg

• Like 4

I'm no expert on what a MiG-31 cockpit should look like, but what you've presented is certainly very impressive workmanship. Your colour separations and detailing are excellent.

• Like 1

Worked a little bit on the intakes and gear wells,still not done though.Also repainted the exhaust's and yet have to give them a wash.Added a few more touch ups to the cockpit and started on the seats.And I also built up the upper fuselage,with flaps and slats lowered.

IMG_5623_zpsj5sif8kg.jpg

IMG_5624_zpshx8k8a0t.jpg

IMG_5625_zpsukrpxd6j.jpg

IMG_5634_zpsbmxxstai.jpg

IMG_5629_zpssbvuqaov.jpg

This thing is bloody huuuge!! That's a 1/72 Fw190

IMG_5639_zpskxz5lhtb.jpg

IMG_5638_zpsmkpgi6sy.jpg

• Like 2

Where will I mount the R40 then ? :P And it says in the instructions to drill out the holes...

- Make a search on 31B photos , being not graduated in 31 I've followed this way and came to a conclusion that only inside pylons were used on this breed which means either R 40 or R 60 had to be chosen according to mission profile.or may be a mixture of the two ( I've not found photographic evidence of this scheme), An external pylon means corresponding spiggots on the top of the wings,( again after photos), but you are" THE" modellers and play the game according to your mood.......instructions sheets are not always trusty ,even the best ,as these AMK obviously are... :) ..

Yeah you're right,I didn't quite realize what you meant in the first post.I will not use the outer pylons and that is a mistake I made but according to the instructions its supposed to be like that?Nevertheless I'll fill those holes up with some mr surfacer.

• Like 1

Yeah you're right,I didn't quite realize what you meant in the first post.I will not use the outer pylons and that is a mistake I made but according to the instructions its supposed to be like that?Nevertheless I'll fill those holes up with some mr surfacer.

- BINGO my friend....... :clap::thumbsup::bye:

Ok so I've been quite busy with the Mig.The weathering on the gear wells is over the top,I know,I messed up.The reason I messed up is AK's Streaking grime wash which instead of its usual dark brown color,now looks like rust,rust on aluminium?Uh..wut?But it's what it is now,so I fitted the intakes/wells in and it looks better now as you can't really see the whole mess from the outside.Also glued on the nose fuselage,not sure why but the bugger wouldn't fit,so that's awaiting some filler.I also filled up the rear spine piece as there was a big gap in it.The upper fuselage is just dry fitted.

IMG_5653_zpsqvkoq8aa.jpg

IMG_5656_zpsy4lgjjvr.jpg

IMG_5657_zps6ujtynkt.jpg

IMG_5658_zpspxay2lqd.jpg

IMG_5659_zpswlz4i4lo.jpg

IMG_5671_zpsirbcexxg.jpg

IMG_5643_zpsg2xftvaj.jpg

IMG_5640_zpsbenffu7d.jpg

IMG_5668_zpslqbvdlq2.jpg

IMG_5678_zpsfsclfiaw.jpg

IMG_5680_zpswb3b2qdb.jpg

IMG_5677_zpskxw97uts.jpg