1/144 Zvezda ANZ 747-800

Hi all

I bought this kit at Expo his year as it was cheap and I've always wanted a 747 kit in the Air New Zealand scheme. I was going to paint it in the current black and white scheme but I changed my mind and decided to alter it to what you see below as I think it looks much more striking

It's a great kit and goes together really nicely. I added some wiring to the rear landing gears to add interest but other than that, no other alterations were made

Decals are from Old Model decals (a mix of 747-400 and 777) and went on nicely as well as the Authentic Airliner's cockpit and cabin window decals

I am going to paint my 777 in the same scheme for the Airliner 3 GB.

IMG_3607_zps2ejpi5if.jpg

IMG_3579%20-%20Copy_zpsx7jcsveq.jpg

IMG_3581%20-%20Copy_zpslpfxeo8m.jpg

IMG_3584%20-%20Copy_zpsisvwx0yb.jpg

IMG_3615_zpshb8ptguj.jpg

IMG_3618_zpsd2n5aji0.jpg

IMG_3621_zpslumupbjn.jpg

IMG_3613_zpsagtebbgo.jpg

IMG_3576_zps4ildvmhs.jpg

48f0da4b-d472-4b0a-a4bc-6b57ff4d13dd_zps

5c4b04a4-23a8-47f9-9e90-ae1eb261cd03_zps

Well, that's it, but thanks for looking

MH

Edited by Madhatter
  • Like 33

Hello

That's a very nice kit you built. Are the windows cut out in the kit ? So I think it is very difficult to put the decals over the holes whithout punching one of them.

Patrick

• Like 1

Hi Patrick

I used the clear parts that came with the kit and painted over them, with decals over the top of them. The Decals are in exactly the same placement as the windows :)

Thanks for looking

MH

• Like 1

You have out done yourself with this one Si! :thumbsup:

The AA window decals look great, I must use the B777 ones I got from you on my next build.

The tail green shading looks great as well. I must also try your method to add the piping to the gear. It adds that little bit extra to the build.

:cheers:

• Like 1

thanks guys :cheers:

The plumbing is the most trialing thing for me to do at 1/144 - I probably should use stretched sprue but I find it easier to use copper wire for trying to bend it into shape. I'm in no way an authority on those kinds of details, and I'm sure they should be straighter than what they are but they do busy the area up a bit

Thanks again for looking

Si

Thats an awesome build.

Air New Zealands model fleet is much more interesting than the real one...

I hope some of the CEO will see this 747-8.Should give them the much needed push to add them to their fleet

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello,MH - My full compliments to you on a magnificent scale replica of the magnificent '747'. Everything about this exquisite model exudes quality and attention to detail,from wiper blades to the window blinds in varied positions.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work along with your chosen scheme. ;) All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...