New Airfix Mk3 Sea king

I havent seen this version finished so I thought I would put mine up. I do like the yellow RAF rescue helicopters as the last picture wll testify. This is a superb kit and the interior detail is very good shame a lot cant seen if the doors are shut. I have however opened the aircraft up I did the kit version but have just notice that i missed off the directional spot at the rear of the fusalage. Too late now. I had a spare air filter from a revell kit so I used that instead and when the airfix decals went on and the microset had done its job I was rather pleased with the result. Otherwise all straight out of the box Very good value kit will be buying more. Normal rules view from 5ft

Rodders

raf2.jpg

raf3.jpg

raf4.jpg

ooops that blade nees bending down

raf5.jpg

raf1.jpg

raf6.jpg

A theme is developing here :-)

raf7.jpg

• Like 53

Hello,Rodders - Full compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your 'Sea King'.I love the type and your chosen scheme and extend my praise to her sisters on the ramp.Splendid! ;) All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Great looking model. Is this indeed a new tool Sea King? I ask because the Airfix HAR.3 (with the same markings) in the Hannants catalogue (https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AX55307) seems to be old tool while the HC.4 (https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AX04056) is new tool.

Nils

Edited by Vingtor
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

great trio of SAR choppers. Used to watch all three over the years at RAF Valley. May I ask what kit that is of the Whirlwind?  Didn't know one was available.

• Like 1

This is the Italeri H-19B kit with the heritage models nose and the decals from a RAFDEC sheet on whirlwinds

I am just about to use the same combination to build the HCC12 Royal flight aircraft but using a sheet of queens flight decals instead

Rodders

• 2 months later...

Hello Rodders,

Your model was a pleasure to study. Insignia or Rescue Yellow always does it good on scale models.

You have a nice selection of Yellow on the shelf.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands. 

• 2 months later...

A very neat and tidy job - 'best viewed from 5ft away' - you are underestimating your abilities - nice work :clap2: