1/24 Razorback Thunderbolt

Hello Folks

Been sometime since I tackled a 1/24 kitty ....and I like the razorback ....so lets see how I get on.....

IMG_3249_zpsxrkkglrh.jpg

Will officially start next week.....

Best Regards

Brian

• Like 4

Cheers guys

As always looking forward to a trouble free build....

Just back from my dad's place for Sunday dinner and the seatbelts has arrived in the mail few days back....so it's all systems go

Rgds

Right folks

Managed to make a start.....yesterday washed all the spurs....and today started cutting......

First off size of the thing in relation to my sanding stick

image_zpsmhqwkzzj.jpeg

Next did some preshade ......on the cockpit parts/area

image_zpssejpkztx.jpeg

image_zpsasfzoxts.jpeg

That's all for now....next will try and get some color on.....

Happy modeling

Rgds

Brian

• Like 4

cheers alpha delta

here it is got some work done on the cockpit area......just a few more details to be added and painted and it can be flat and complete

image_zpstizuibjn.jpeg

moving to the panel.....the one of the left is the actual panel to be used.....but the one on the right looks much better.....I think it was for the bubble top......I might just use that....as the original panel asked to be used is a total let down.....

image_zps9mt5es0r.jpeg

overall details are a bit soft but I think not too bad......and will start on the harness too.....positive it goes together fairly fast

best regards

brian

• Like 3

Right folks

Managed to make a start.....yesterday washed all the spurs....and today started cutting......

First off size of the thing in relation to my sanding stick

image_zpsmhqwkzzj.jpeg

Next did some preshade ......on the cockpit parts/area

image_zpssejpkztx.jpeg

image_zpsasfzoxts.jpeg

That's all for now....next will try and get some color on.....

Happy modeling

Rgds

Brian

You're going need a bigger sanding stick! (With apologies to Roy Scheider) :winkgrin:

Great looking Jug, and very nice work with the cockpit! :goodjob:

• Like 1

Hello folks

Thanks for the nice words......completed the cockpit ...for now I have decided to use the kit panel.....might decide to buy after market as I saw there is a PE panel for it

image_zpsjjjlvfaj.jpeg

image_zps4hfzf7ch.jpeg

image_zpscqog5ta3.jpeg

Just need a flat coat and it's done......

Moved onto the engine parts

image_zpssjq1w4gq.jpeg

The firewall is base painted to try how my yellow zinc chromate .....via Vallejo......looks ok.....still loads to do .....

As earlier mentioned it goes together fairly quickly.....after the engine is already putting the sides together

Happy Modeling

Rgds

Brian

• Like 2

Hello Folks

The air box is more or less done.....rear section....looking at the engine as I was told that there is some errors if attempted from the box

image_zpsbfdd5n7x.jpeg

image_zpsiaxiva9r.jpeg

Will try and work out the radial lump and get all stuff ready by the coming week......

Best Regards

• Like 4

thanks mate....but the airscale one still looks better ......something about good looking panels does it for me.....

managed some work.....on the rear

image_zpstutgv2tk.jpeg

then back to the front

image_zpswyoanoqj.jpeg

and painted the engine with a black undercoat and some various othe bits.....I hope if possible to complete the engine by end of this week....but it all depends actually....

image_zpsrltbo2hg.jpeg

happy modeling and thanks for dropping in.....

rgds

Brian

• Like 5

I think I hit a big time snag.....fitting the engine is a nightmare......a lot of short cuts and things omitted here and there.......after all I am not going to display it open.....some of my paint also chipped off......anyone building this kit, pls take time especially if you want to display the internals

I hope I will have less problems with putting the cowlings on.....so far a test fit shows some issues but I have not glued pieces yet.....

Anyways this is how it looks

image_zpsifbfne1t.jpeg

image_zpsvh3kvspj.jpeg

image_zps66ianabt.jpeg

Hope to paint the cowling internals soon n try and close the engine up.....

Have fun with plastic guys

Rgds

B

• Like 1

thanks a lot guys got some progress

first off a big thank you to Peter from Airscale ...the wondeful panel came in the mail.

image_zpstgpn8foh.jpeg

in my eagerness, I did not bother pics until I finished with it. it's a wondeful piece of work as usual airscale products really pop ...the clear plastic to simulate dials ...really a nice touch

image_zpsmzgkoyam.jpeg

image_zpsnde2bgbs.jpeg

image_zpsw2k2p6hs.jpeg

image_zpsstnmwhdb.jpeg

lovely piece really brings the pit to life....

I have closed the side...as expected the cowling n engine fought me all ways....still clean up needed n will go to the next phase the wings next

image_zpsu4alwz9k.jpeg

thanks again to peter....n happy modeling to all

rgds

Brian

• Like 4

Cheers guys

Yes the panel makes a big difference grey

Cheers Alpha--- hope to have the complete airframe in place hopefully end of this week

Rgds and happy modeling folks