Sopwith Triplane - WNW 1:32 scale

Hi all,
I've been asked several modellers if I would create a build log for my next build, which is the WNW Sopwith Triplane.
I thought I might try something different in that most build logs are only available from the web site hosting that build log. This means if any modellers want to use the build log during their particular builds, they need to keep visiting the web site where the build log is located and open it each time they wish to refer to it.
Most PC users can open and read a PDF documents, using free Adobe readers. So my idea is to create my build log as a PDF colour document, which can be dowloaded by anyone and then opened on their PC, as and when they want to refer to it, rather than having to go on-line and log-in to a web site build log.
I shouldn't cut down web site visits for the web masters, as the PDF would still need to be linked from the site concerned.
Anyway, I've started my Sopwith Triplane build log and uploaded it (using hosting server used for my wife's cake site) - it's OK as I pay for it anyway ;)
Here's the download link, if anyone want's to try it out - constructive feed back/comments are welcome.
For those interested, please remember the build log will be updated regularly as I progress through the build and will include the display base and ground work/figures etc.
Mike

IMG_0149_zps0pwfkdhw.jpg
IMG_0153_zpskfkhj2ox.jpg
IMG_0154_zpsfy02ucuh.jpg
IMG_0155_zpszqimotxc.jpg
IMG_0156_zpsurg3cs6u.jpg
closeup_zpsn2ymdfet.jpg
varnished_zpsoyl9ogyf.jpg
IMG_0162_zps1yr1svnz.jpg
IMG_0172_zpslsgsoj6r.jpg
seat_zpspyutcplh.jpg
IMG_0162_zpsquuhg7yz.jpg
IMG_0161_zpsx3x9okjc.jpg
IMG_0164_zpstnvzs38l.jpg
IMG_0165_zpswvwqr5jg.jpg
IMG_0166_zpsb4rjjjfu.jpg
IMG_0167_zpspwijukil.jpg
IMG_0163_zpsnesfozzy.jpg
IMG_0170_zpsstcbqken.jpg
IMG_0173_zpsw7iy49v0.jpg
IMG_0185_zps3m13kmuo.jpg
IMG_0188_zpsb72nymy8.jpg
IMG_0189_zpsq5a1bggw.jpg
IMG_0190_zpsltcfdg7n.jpg
IMG_0191_zpsqm0kw6pu.jpg
  • Like 11

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

It's been a while since I last updated this build.  Real life got in the way but I'm back on it now.

The PDF build log (see first post for link) has been updated, but here's some shots of the chipping around the forward fuselage, the engine and ignition leads and progress doing the CDL finish (showing the structure underneath).

chips_zps5zawytmz.jpg

engine1_zpsxmmksbts.jpg
engine2_zpsiifsyh6c.jpg
whitecoat_zps19x4kcc8.jpg
taped_zps44xo0zq2.jpg
tapesrayed_zpshcqwaazf.jpg
ribshaded_zpstz5azw3u.jpg

Edited by Sandbagger
  • Like 3