Revell 1:35 Scale Leopard 2 A5 Tank

Hi

For those who have followed the build of my Faun Tank Transporter here this is the chosen tank kit which I hope to use with the Faun.

I have also bought the photo etch kit which is really for the Tamiya build but it seems to all match up with the Revell kit.

Leopard01_zpsjagpij0f

I have made a small start cutting out some openings:

Leopard02_zpsmn6fmeqd

Leopard04_zpsw6ss10ub

Edited by ukmodeller
Renew pictures
  • Like 2

Mmm, interesting, im in a quandry as to which Leopard to build, I have a Tamiya Leopard 1A4 , a Revell Leopard 2A5/NL5 and am just close to sealing the deal on the above Leopard too.

I will be following with great interest.

PS: Where did you get your photo-etch set from?

Mmm, interesting, im in a quandry as to which Leopard to build, I have a Tamiya Leopard 1A4 , a Revell Leopard 2A5/NL5 and am just close to sealing the deal on the above Leopard too.

I will be following with great interest.

PS: Where did you get your photo-etch set from?

The Revell kit that I have was molded in grey, which is far better than trying to paint green on green. Everything seems to be nice and clean and with the photo etch you can add quite a lot of detail. I got mine here on Ebay for £8.44 which is half the price of other places. As far as I can see it seems like the real thing, not a cheap copy.

• Like 1

Managed to crack on a little this weekend. The body is together and I managed to add some of the photo etch (cannot believe how small some of the items are - spent quite a while scouring the floor around me). The wheels have been sprayed ready for my delicate little fingers to hand paint the tyres (not keen on spending so much for the mask) and the underside and suspension is sprayed.

I was pleased that the body went together ok and fitted well.

Leopard03_zpsysyo2r4f

Leopard05_zps2tsvjsoi

Leopard06_zpsre3ckz8x

Edited by ukmodeller
Renew pictures
  • Like 2

The Revell kit that I have was molded in grey, which is far better than trying to paint green on green. Everything seems to be nice and clean and with the photo etch you can add quite a lot of detail. I got mine here on Ebay for £8.44 which is half the price of other places. As far as I can see it seems like the real thing, not a cheap copy.

Cheers,

I made a mistake in my post , I have the Leopard 2 A4/A4NL not the A5/A5NL which I am hoping to get, but just noticed a cheap ( at the minute) A6!!!

I agree with the mold colour, mine is the horrible green..

Thanks for the info on the Photo-etch, much appreciated.

Nick

Cheers,

I made a mistake in my post , I have the Leopard 2 A4/A4NL not the A5/A5NL which I am hoping to get, but just noticed a cheap ( at the minute) A6!!!

I agree with the mold colour, mine is the horrible green..

Thanks for the info on the Photo-etch, much appreciated.

Nick

No problem, Nick. You're welcome.

I found the A6 kit for the same price as the A5 and ordered it. Alas, I received an email stating that although the website stated it was in stock, it was in fact not in stock. I got a refund but so annoying!!! Anyway, decided on the A5.

I must say that working on a lighter colour molding helps to see the detailing when modding.

Painted the tyres today and they are now fitted. One thing that I like about acrylic paint is that it dries so quick and the brushes/airbrush are so easy to clean.

Will leave the tracks for a while as I want to work on the round vents on the upper body (to fit the photo etch parts),

Leopard07_zpsskezw2hl

Leopard08_zpsei90cdah

Leopard09_zpsgwaorjyp

Edited by ukmodeller
Renew pictures
  • Like 2

Will be watching this one, if thats okay

No problem Brodie. Glad to have you on board for this one.

Coming along nicely for now, cheers Kevin :popcorn:

Thanks, Francis.

I'm attempting to weather the tracks at the moment..........Strange, but I never seem to have the colours that I need..... :banghead:

• Like 1

, ukmodeller, on 27 Jul 2016 - 10:59 AM, said:

No problem Brodie. Glad to have you on board for this one.

Thanks, Francis.

I'm attempting to weather the tracks at the moment..........Strange, but I never seem to have the colours that I need..... :banghead:

Not so strange Kevin happens to me exactly the same, I've commented on a post, I buy more and more, thinking that's what I need or what I need, and when the moment of truth arrives ... damn! !! :hanging: ,cheers Kevin

• Like 1

Ok, so fitted the tracks today and weathered them a little as well as some of the suspension and body with a rusty colour.

Leopard11_zpskqs9sgra

Leopard12_zpsxniuhmoh

Leopard13_zpsgotkqmid

Added some rust around the mud guards too.

Leopard14_zpskeh3vuwb

Then it was onto the camo effect for the main body.

Leopard15_zps3k1l5bpa

Leopard16_zpskhzjkrfo

Leopard17_zpsqcfksxfu

Leopard18_zpsvntz3ces

I still have a lot of bits to add on which required painting separately but it is starting to take shape.

Edited by ukmodeller
Renew pictures
  • Like 3

Nice work Kevin... your quick off the mark with your builds... takes me ages.. :)

Little point, the mud guards/flaps at the back and front are made of rubber, so no rust :)

Matt

Thanks, Matt, for the advice. I have not been around a tank since I was a kid and that lack of experience shows when I do these military kits. That's why most of my builds are of the usual transport types (cars, buses, coaches, trains, etc). I appreciate you telling me though, as it is something that I can remember for future builds. The flaps have now been modified.

Strange but I read all about the tracks but saw nothing to point out the mud flaps being rubber.

I must say that I'm quite enjoying building something without any lighting for once. That usually takes me 3 or 4 months but this build in should only take me weeks.

Cheers

• Like 1