Japanese dream

Hi everyone,having built a few smaller diaramas,a faller fairground in Ho,an English railway,a Japanese city/German tram layout(sounds odd but it worked out quite well,a Swiss Alps layout featuring two glacier express trains by Kato I decided to buy a shed and build a Japanese layout.The shed is 10x8x19mm thick so it's fairly substantial and I knitted it out with laminate floor,sky tv,drinks fridge and kettle.Initially I fitted the baseboard at the back ,side to side so I had a board 8x4,I soon filled this and realised I was going to have to extend it so I came down one side as far as I could,approx 10 feet so it was now L shaped ,3feet deep boards and 10x8 baseboards.I then got hooked on the trains,the original idea was to have four trains running on two double track loops and four parked in sidings or passing loops in the station area,but I just could nt help myself and before I knew it I had 21 trains and needed somewhere to park them so I built a storage yard/car park for trains on the other side so now it's U shaped! Ha ha.

All the basics are done and lots of buildings etc in place but still a ton of work to do.

Once I work out how and where I ll put some photos up and any comments good or bad will be welcomed,

Thanks,

Paul

I ve no idea how to upload pics to here so for anyone intrested here's a few links to YouTube videos of models I ve made and sold on and also the Japanese layout which is very much a work in progress.

This is a faller fairground,my first effort in HO/OO

All my next models are N gauge

Next was my attempt at an English

By this time I d decided my next effort would be Japanese but having no room I made a small tram layout with a German village built in it,the idea being it was a theme park? Ha

While waiting to have the garden done to take a shed for the Japanese layout I decided to have a go at scenics and built a glacier express layout

And finally in May last year I got my shed and home to my Japanese dream,named by my grandson,

It has two double loops running four trains with passing loops and sidings for other trains,two trams,one running in a loop around the village and shrine area and one running back and forth from station to station via a control board.

All the main features and trains are in place but now starts the real fun bit,loghts(some already fitted) figures,vehicles and scenics etc,so still lots to do.

Paul

Edited by pauljag900
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...