Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon

I've been working on & off on this big bird,....scratch building a lot of the areas using similar kits that ILM used on the 32"er....

The last bit of the main body's side walls done,....just the mandibles to do:

IMG_4457_zpsvc0e57yt.jpg

The docking bay ring slots on to keep the 2 halves together,...just for the photos

IMG_4458_zps6bbr1vzc.jpg

The portside mandible part taped in place just to see how it will look:
IMG_4459_zpseajqnhzo.jpg

IMG_4460_zpsl2loilmn.jpg

Still loads to do

Thanks for looking

• Like 6

Thank you very much guys, I used Hycote adhesion aid & then Hycote bumper spray......this allows superglue & primer to bond no problem.

I did all my experiments on the inside,...tape tests etc

Thanks for looking,.....more images soon

John

• 4 months later...

OK, I got some parts from the last few issues of the DeAgo mag,.....so I'm re-doing some details on the rear deck & engine flaps

IMG_4242_zpsfadsba7l.jpg

I've removed the whole engine flap & actuators from the top hull & details that I want to replace one one side,....keeping the other as placement guide:
IMG_5119_zpsoqae3axu.jpg

IMG_5120_zpszx7fbgkl.jpg
IMG_5121_zpso1vn3frs.jpg
IMG_5122_zpspw26d2x0.jpg

& with some added parts:
IMG_5143_zpsoco5xqrj.jpg
http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag383/jaitea1/Hasbro%20Falcon/IMG_5144_zpslokqttmn.jpg[/img]
The Starboard Mandible:
IMG_5145_zps1xtvpkst.jpg
IMG_5147_zpsp4ror9if.jpg

IMG_5148_zpsvxsv8sae.jpg
IMG_5142_zpsszrpt2r3.jpg

IMG_5149_zps0trbjtsj.jpg
IMG_5150_zpssgrdreyb.jpg
IMG_5151_zps8lushsra.jpg
IMG_5152_zps3gmgvrgi.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

• Like 3

Thats a complete labour of love, your going beyond the call of duty there,its going to be awsome when its done,i know what your going through with it I've got a hasbro falcon nearing completion just casting some greablies this week ,not as nice as yours by the way , great job though get her finished i cant wait 

• 2 weeks later...

jaitea, a quick question...

I ask this because I've seen you work on several falcon models and I'm aware of your expertise of the dimensions (both the 5 footer and the 32").

I'n your opinion, do you think Hasbro have gotten the dimensions of the side docking rings correct?

I can't put my finger on it but they just don't look quite right to me. It may be the angle of the walls or the width but they just don't seem to match any other falcon pics I've seen anywhere. I know the studio 32" had thicker walls and the 5 footer had a slightly sharper angle to the walls but Hasbro doesn't seem to have matched either of these.

P.S.  Great work by the way. It has been your knowledge and work on the falcon that inspired me to get the Bandai 1/144 and the Hasbro. I've got big plans plans for each but have many other things to accomplish first :)

Edited by Vanoyen

6 hours ago, Vanoyen said:

jaitea, a quick question...

I ask this because I've seen you work on several falcon models and I'm aware of your expertise of the dimensions (both the 5 footer and the 32").

I'n your opinion, do you think Hasbro have gotten the dimensions of the side docking rings correct?

I can't put my finger on it but they just don't look quite right to me. It may be the angle of the walls or the width but they just don't seem to match any other falcon pics I've seen anywhere. I know the studio 32" had thicker walls and the 5 footer had a slightly sharper angle to the walls but Hasbro doesn't seem to have matched either of these.

P.S.  Great work by the way. It has been your knowledge and work on the falcon that inspired me to get the Bandai 1/144 and the Hasbro. I've got big plans plans for each but have many other things to accomplish first :)

Thanks very much Vanoyen,.....yes you are right,...the Hasbro is a wee bit weird around the docking ring area,.....Using Maruska's tech drawings,....which are measurements taken from the Master Replicas Falcon,.....& comparing to the Hasbro,....it shows that the Hasbro has the rings right,.....the taper is spot on,...perhaps the length is a bit longer.....but the main issue is the width of the walkway,....on the Hasbro it's 50mm.....the scaled drawing shows the width of the walkway shows 40mm......thats what makes the docking ring look so isolated:

Maruskas 32"

32quot%20Maruska.jpg

Hasbro.jpg

I really don't know what could be done to fix it,.....maybe packing out the sides of the sidewalls a wee bit

John

• Like 1

Ok.....now that you've started the ball rolling Vanoyen......I measured the top of the Falcon......Turret,.....Walkway.....then the whole diameter......everything is in proportion.....this ups the scale which makes the docking rings undersized,....& the docking wall height undersized,.....so it's the height that is wrong....& in turn the docking ring diameter should be made a bit bigger,.....so to fix the look,.....the height of the docking wall should be increased & new docking rings made

Well thanks a lot for making me investigate!!!,....now I'm gonna have to fix it!!!

Joking,......I'm glad finding out now rather than later

John

• Like 1

Whenever I get around to making mine, I'm just going to want it to look Falcon-ish without going too nuts over screen accurate details. Those docking rings however will definitely need a little something. I'll probably just pack out the sides a bit as you've mentioned. I'll also thicken the inside of the rings a bit as well. I like the nice thick ring walls of the 32".