Cistercian abbey "Bebenhausen" - 1/87 by Faller

Cistercian abbey "Bebenhausen" - 1/87 by Faller[/u]

a limited special kit for the 70. company anniversary of Gebr. Faller GmbH. A huge kit.... and something completely different.[/i]

The Cistercian abbey "Bebenhausen"

kloster3llsbv.jpg

The Cistercian abbey "Bebenhausen" is in Germany, near Tübingen. One of the best preserved abbey from the Middle Ages. It is about 1 hour away from me so that I will make a trip there soon... :)

The kit

kloster2lfssa.jpg

The kit is limited to 1.999 kits and it is a once only production. It is one really huge and heavy kit full of plastic parts. Totally about 1.435 plastic parts, clear foil for the windows, one printed foil for the church window, laser cut material, paper material, .... and the parts are in different colors already, a little bit weathered as it seams.

I have made some photos of the kits parts in the following.

carton 1:

dsc_1682_1024x678jasch.jpg

dsc_1684_1024x6787ts7z.jpg

dsc_1688_1024x678bbswl.jpg

dsc_1692_1024x678gtsni.jpg

carton 2:

dsc_1693_1024x6783tsda.jpg

dsc_1697_1024x678m9sf1.jpg

dsc_1699_1024x678dzsf1.jpg

dsc_1700_1024x678tmsmk.jpg

carton 3:

dsc_1702_1024x678uxszj.jpg

dsc_1703_1024x678hfsbs.jpg

dsc_1704_1024x678uesjh.jpg

dsc_1707_1024x678w5s5b.jpg

dsc_1708_1024x678sjsko.jpg

carton 4:

dsc_1714_1024x678gusi3.jpg

dsc_1711_1024x678cdsnp.jpg

dsc_1712_1024x678vis67.jpg

dsc_1713_1024x6786nszp.jpg

What have I planned? I will give the full kit a new painting. The wall colors of the kit are good, but it is plastic. And it is not 100% the correct color I think. It is too beige, the original one is more grey maybe... and the roof is too red, not brown as the original..... so full painting, weathering ......

Cheers

Micha

• Like 10

Yeah, lot of plastic... but 100% wrong colors .... the roof is never red, it is dark brown/red... the walls are more light grey. ... not beige/brown.... the framework is not light brown, but dark brown nearly black ...

so lot of work coming ... :)

Hi Micha,

when you visit, take LOTS of photo's!

From what I can see the construction is mixed sandstone / limestone.

(grey-brown to golden brown for sandstone while limestone is anywhere between white to very dirty grey)

Add to this 'render' in 'cement' and white lime wash, black oak........................... :analintruder:

Will watch with interest :popcorn::thumbsup:

Paul

Hi Paul,

oh yes .... I was at Bebenhausen on Sunday .... and took .... about 537 photos .... details.... each wall.... so many ... :) And I fear that it will become much work to do to get it done in a good looking way... :)

Lifecolors UA762 incinerated white will become the base color for the stone walls... then several beige/grey washes will follow.... that's the first idea ... :)

Cheers

MIchael

Hello,

I was able to visit the wonderful monastery in reality some days ago, shooting lot of pictures of the building.

Now it is time to start the huge kit. The kit begins with the biggest building - the church of the monastery (which was much bigger in the past I learned).

A bit difficult is the conpleting of the wall-parts which mostly consist of two parts. Some have reinforcements from the backside, others have to be glued edge on edge. I used some thin palstic sheet to strenghen it from the inside.

Also a bit of putty was necessary as there are some visible sinkmarks on some parts.... luckily it won't be visible after the painting.

a363rqwd.jpg

oq7vbend.jpg

n7vtvycd.jpg

hlk92dkr.jpg

rxnkn76q.jpg

g7gvpyk6.jpg

cg9l9bo9.jpg

x79jt8wz.jpg

Next task - gluing the walls together as fat as possible for the moment.

Cheers

Micha

• Like 1

Hello,

the church is glued together now. Some first details on the outside added, some putty was necessar too.

zqlf4ja6.jpg

8x2igb8v.jpg

bjg6mzha.jpg

7tger7u4.jpg

5bykx4yg.jpg

Next step - some further small parts on the outside, then the roof (separately). I will finish the building then after it was painted....

Cheers

Micha

• Like 2

Hello,

the chruch is mostly finished and ready for painting. The roof segments are not glued to the building as well as the belltower which is divided in two parts here, so that the interior could be installed later after the painting.

Multi-part roof and bell tower will be glued on the building later after the painting and after the installing of the windows, lights, ...

valw6j7k.jpg

ma6k9e2p.jpg

ljboni24.jpg

5sa3ysn7.jpg

Cheers

Micha

Edited by elmarriachi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

the next building is the summer refectory which is built exactly as the main church of the monastery. Each wall is made of separate parts glued together. I will try to close the visible lines between the parts with some liquid putty and sanding.

Next steps are further details, cornerstones and the separate roof.

pni2hz77.jpg

t8tp7sdg.jpg

xn68c785.jpg

m6hxako2.jpg

Cheers

Micha

Very nice so far. Please put a hand in the photos for scale. Thanks.

Agreed, can we see something normal size alongside so that we can get a perspective of size and scale please?

Mike

• 9 months later...

Hello,

afters a longer pause I have a small update for you. The 2nd main building is finished for the moment, ready for painting ...

r6vte74p.jpg

nymqnrdf.jpg

q2nba7zk.jpg

yqf7x86g.jpg

mvt5mn5g.jpg

g2m3nknd.jpg

mcfle9iv.jpg

Cheers
Micha

• Like 4