Tamiya Mosquito

Hi Folks

Another straight off the production line,Tamiya's 1/48 Mosquito FBVI converted into T3 from 204 AFS at Driffield circa 1950

Minimum mods required to do this although I would say the kit fought me all the way.

A little bit of personal history in this one my father flew this aircraft twice whilst on detachment from his base at Celle.Why he was detached for three weeks is a mystery.The only thing that provides a possible explanation is his return from Rhodesia after instructing on Harvards but that was three months before the detachment.

Anyway here it is ,the photos I worked from show it to be a very tired airframe.

Ian

IMG_9905_zpsjsv70ayg.jpg[/url

]IMG_9904_zpshbuzyzfd.jpg

IMG_9903_zpsnibjpkki.jpgIMG_9902_zpsx04xvvif.jpg

• Like 27

Really nice to see a NMF/silver dope Mossie for a change - very nice model indeed!

Got to agree with RODH2 above though on the ' it fought me all the way' description of the kit. I have built the Tamiya 1/48 Mossie twice now and it fell together nor did I ever need to use a touch of filler. Surely it was the modifications that caused any identified fit problems?

Irrespective a nice model and a lasting memento of your family history.

Gary

The problems I had were fitting the nose to the floor,for some reason the parts would not mate.

I have built this kit before with no problems perhaps it was me or the kit parts I don't know.

The mods were minimal and would not have affected the fit off the nose.

Ian

• Like 1

Fantastic job Ian, I`ve been looking forward to seeing this one and I wasn`t disappointed mate,..... love the subtle weathering too,

Cheers

Tony

Splendid looking Mossie. I have a bit of a thing for Wartime designs used post War. This has inspired me to do similar with the Airfix 1/72nd kit.