Junkers F13W options required

JOCKNEY

I have a favour to ask, I am building the kit below, in the Airliners Group Build here on BM

image_zpsklizeiry.jpeg

My question is, what other decal and livery options are available for this kit ?

I believe the ones included in the kit are for the prototype aircraft.

Any help really appreciated

Cheers Pat

The Lennart Andersen book on the type is a good source of inspiration and can be picked up quite cheaply.

Martin

• Like 1

Jbot decals have some great options for the F13W: www.jbot.ca

Richard in NZ

Unfortunately, Jbot seems to be pretty much defunct these days :(

He was having some unspecified "personal problems" (we all get those) a while back and cut way back on doing his decals, then nothing for ages. The last time he updated the website was January.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, Jbot seems to be pretty much defunct these days :(

He was having some unspecified "personal problems" (we all get those) a while back and cut way back on doing his decals, then nothing for ages. The last time he updated the website was January.

Thanks Jessica, knew I should have bought some sooner...

Richard in NZ

• Like 1

Hi Pat

Another Revell boxing included this option for the Austrian airline OLAG. When you follow the link, scroll down - don't be distracted by the first image!

I have all the decals in my spares box apart from two wing letter 'A's (one black and one white). These would be easy to mask and paint in-situ (particularly if they are under the wing :winkgrin: !).

I'd be happy to post to you gratis if of interest.

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 1

Here's another option I could help with Pat, and it is particularly good if you don't fancy putting too many decals over those corrugations!

P1090692_zpsduadifet.jpg

P1090691_zps3ckfohbv.jpg

This is one of two Lloyd Aereo Boliviano (LAB) F.13Ls that were impressed into miliary service during the Chaco War and converted to W spec. These would appear to comply with the GB's rules on military schemes OK.

The 'BENI' text comes from a Blue Rider decal sheet, of which I have loads of spares.

Beni is a major Bolivian river (a tributary of the Amazon), and is also the name of a regional Department :smartass:

Cliff

• Like 2

Hi Pat

Another Revell boxing included this option for the Austrian airline OLAG. When you follow the link, scroll down - don't be distracted by the first image!

Cheers

Cliff

Bugger! I got distracted by the first image!

Martin

• Like 4

Thank you all so much for all the options, my pathetic attempts at searching the inter-web brought up nothing as good as any of these !

I have after doing a bit of research decided to build the plane that crashed during the sales tour in South America, in which Hugo Junkers lost his son. I know this seems a bit dark, but it's easy to forget with air travel being as safe as it is now, how many people were lost in the early days who enabled us all to travel so safely.

The link to my build is below, thanks once again to you all, it is very much appreciated and I only hope I can now do the kit justice.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235006151-junkers-f13w-south-american-sales-tour-victim/#entry2426599

Regards Pat

Ps, I had heard the decals are a "challenge / nightmare" on the corrugations, so any magic tricks / spells available would be greatly recieved !

• Like 1