1/9 Polar Lights Wicked Witch Of The West From The Wizard Of Oz

This is a limited edition resin kit that I preordered last July as a Christmas present for my sister. 1,000 unpainted kits were released in December and a further 1,000 factory painted kits will be released in April this year and that's the last of the production. My resin kit was number 1 of the 1,000 released and it arrived the week before Christmas so I cracked on with the build. It all went together really easy but I have never painted any type of resin figurines before. I painted Dorothy's ruby slippers with silver base followed by some automotive 0.50mm silver metal flake and then a couple of coats of ruby candy red. This gave the effect as in the movie that the slippers sparkle in the light. Also I added some dry grass effect from a previous diorama to the scarecrow. I then added a RGB LED which gives the effect of morphing colours from red to green to blue, I placed this LED behind the figures and I was pleased with the effect. My sister loved it and I hope the Wizard of Oz fans enjoy the pictures!

YnSJlsF.jpg
7FPH4ot.jpg
H7yc9ts.jpg
YufUruC.jpg
Tzkyfi5.jpg
7Y5HuRS.jpg
WdV4i0f.jpg
bV4m5hf.jpg
9bR2q7O.jpg
Nq7TWZC.jpg
Neicf2p.jpg
hDeGJAH.jpg
L4A1dfG.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 7

• 2 months later...

oooh - they frightened me then and this just reminds me how frightening it still is... blue flying monkeys - green faced witch ... it's all just too much for a nearly 50 year old..

very nice model though - quite different from the norm - spooky or what .....