Welcome to Britmodeller.com

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

• Announcements

• Mike

PhotoBucket are no longer permitting 3rd party hosting   01/07/17

As most of you are now painfully aware, Photobucket (PB) are stopping/have stopped allowing their members to link their accumulated years of photos into forums and the like, which they call 3rd party linking.  You can give them a non-refundable $399 a year to allow links, but I doubt that many will be rushing to take them up on that offer.  If you've previously paid them for the Pro account, it looks like you've got until your renewal to find another place to host your files, but you too will be subject to this ban unless you fork over a lot of cash.   PB seem to be making a concerted move to another type of customer, having been the butt of much displeasure over the years of a constantly worsening user interface, sloth and advertising pop-ups, with the result that they clearly don't give a hoot about the free members anymore.  If you don't have web space included in your internet package, you need to start looking for another photo host, but choose carefully, as some may follow suit and ditch their "free" members at some point.  The lesson there is keep local backups on your hard drive of everything you upload, so you can walk away if the same thing happens.   There's a thread on the subject here, so please use that to curse them, look for solutions or generall grouse about their mental capacity.   Not a nice situation for the forum users that hosted all their photos there, and there will now be a host of useless threads that relied heavily on photos from PB, but as there's not much we can do other than petition for a more equitable solution, I suggest we make the best of what we have and move on.  One thing is for certain.  It won't win them any friends, but they may not care at this point.    Mike.
TimMather

what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

183 posts in this topic
21 hours ago, Kallisti said:

Went to the local ParcelFarce depot yesterday since they failed to deliver the package on Monday as requested to collect this beauty...

DSC_8239.JPG

Its very similar to the other Eagle kit but has the cargo winch and nuclear waste cannisters

DSC_8240.JPG

DSC_8242.JPG

...and this will be the base for when I start building it as a diorama...

DSC_8243.JPG

I didn't even realise this had been released?! Just ordered one. Annoyingly it'll probably take 3 days to ship from the US to the UK then spend 12 days in Pass-the-ParcelFarce land :angry:

Mine shipped on the 3rd July and I got the customs ransom demand on 14th but ParcelFarce failed to deliver it earlier this week so I had to go and collect it on Weds

Aoshima Thunderbird 3

2 people like this

3 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Aoshima Thunderbird 3

Lovely kit - with or without the launch silo?

Without. I got it from Germany - much cheaper than Japan

The bundles launch silo IMO was not really worth the additional cost- mostly printed cardboard. It would be much better to scratch build my own 

That TB-3 kit is wonderful - the first mas production kit which actually got the proportions correct.

I have an unbuilt UNCL 18" resin kit in my closet of doom, which was the same kit that Product Enterprises (AKA 16/32) copied for their uber-expensive replica.

TB-3 is my favorite Thunderbird (followed closely by TB-2). It is so nice to finally see a proper styrene kit of it!

1 person likes this

Four A4 sheets of Games Workshop decals I found at a good price. Half Tau, half Adeptus Mechanicus. The former are useful for generic sci-fi, the latter will be great for 40K as they have loads of greek letters, gothic numbers etc.

Cheers,

Will

Not sure were to post this so I will stick it here:

Not actually revived it at the yet but wanted to give you a heads up, I phoned ( and acutely spoke to a human) WWS about some ABS STYRENE PLASTIC rods and tubes they have on there web site, I wasn't after a large pack of one type that they have advertised on the web sit, so they are putting together a variety pack for me (2 of each they have in stock). Just really nice bloke and happy to help, I would give them a ring if your in need of some styrene rod before they put the price up.....

http://www.war-world.co.uk/index.php/scenery-abs_styrene_plastic_range/?k=33624:58:::39

They also have a half decent range of Vallejo paints etc at a good price as well.

1 person likes this