what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

Epic! The series that the GP-01 stars in is very good - not too long, and self contained.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_0083:_Stardust_Memory

The aircraft are Core Fighters - they fold up and fit inside the torso of the Gundam as a kind of cockpit module.

W

• Like 1

These arrived last month from Mandarake (top 2) and a local seller (the VW):

27022427568_26c60a8089_o.jpg40851015722_01eb466ecd_o.jpg

and these arrived last week from HLJ:

26020693577_0350f23e13_o.jpg

Most of them are not really sci-fi though, but none of them are real world subject (yet) so I guess it's suits this thread

Edited by solowing666
  • Like 5

On 3/27/2018 at 1:23 AM, Pete in Lincs said:

need a 1/32nd Vanship!

(Though when would I get time to build it? Drat!)

Me three! Although I opt for Vespa in that scale. Or 1/24 since it looks more like a flying motorcycle.

• Like 1

My latest addition. I know it's not a Sci-fi kit but the subject has featured in a number of Kaiju movies. No idea of the manufacturer or when it was produced, but it's old. It is approximately 70cm tall when completed and so scales out to about 1/475 (I have a particular Godzilla vinyl model kit in mind to accompany it).

20180407_115723

20180407_115806

20180407_115845

20180407_120213

It's pretty basic. So I will be adding a few extra bits to give it a more up to date appearance.

• Like 5

Halcyon 1:9 Alien 3 HAL 11... I built one of these 26 years ago when they 1st came out... long since broken and lost in house moves etc. Not the best Alien film IMO but I do really like this Alien style. The pose and the sculpt are as good as I remember for a kit from the early 90's. :)

IMG_3154

IMG_3156

Edited by SMD70
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Chief Smeg said:

So, what is the bike from rockpopandchips?

No idea at all but it looks cool. It was from Aliexpress. BIKE

Its 1/20 scale so I might add a M.ak tech to a small dio around it or I might add it to my TY build and scratch a nuclear warhead on a sidecar.

• Like 1

Got this yesterday courtesy of Warren at Tyridium Models, it’s the JPG Productions 1/12 scale Imperial Probe Droid:

Probe Droid

Probe Droid

The lighting kit is also from Tirydium and will be my first foray into a lighted model; now all I have to do is find the time to actually build this - my stash grows but I’ve not built anything for months!

Edited by The Chief Smeg
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, rockpopandchips said:

Nice buy chief. 

My replacement for a Daban 1/60 Astray, the new Mills on Works 1/60 Astray.

2018-04-27_03-40-05

I was surprised by how cheap those are. They are going for around  $100 here. That's about the cost for a MG locally. Don't forget to do a build log, please.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thud4444 said:

I was surprised by how cheap those are. They are going for around  $100 here. That's about the cost for a MG locally. Don't forget to do a build log, please.

Yeah, it was a lot cheer than I expected. I will be starting this within the next few weeks so keep an eye out for the WIP thread. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The Chief Smeg said:

I had to google that one rockpopandchips, this is going to be an interesting build; I know very little about the gundam type stuff, I’m beginning to see the attraction 

I don't know if you've seen these. Gundam Info does little intro videos for almost every suit.  If it doesn't have English subtitles,  you have to turn them on manually in captions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2018 at 10:44 PM, The Chief Smeg said:

I’m going to have to find some of this anime

Knock yourself out mate!

https://www.youtube.com/user/GundamInfo/playlists

Gundaminfo is an official site for Sunrise, so no worries about watching dodgy morally ambiguous freebies. (If you’re worried about that sort of thing.:))

Mart

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2018 at 4:44 PM, The Chief Smeg said:

Ok, I’m hooked. I’m going to have to find some of this anime

To add to what Lotus said, I'd recommend Iron Blooded Orphans.

It's available for free by Sunrise, both seasons, in English.  It isn't apart of the SEED universe, which is where the Astray from. So you litteraly don't have to have seen anything before you watch. And it's really good. Just a warning it's about child soldiers, so it's dark and very violent. 

Edit: here is the trailer 

Here is episode 1.

Edited by Thud4444
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

I'd recommend Iron Blooded Orphans.

Good choice.

Iron Blooded Orphans (IBO) is a great series to cut your teeth on if you’ve never watched any Gundam before.

The media/modelling juggernaut (80 Billion yen in 2014 according to Wiki:blink:) that is ‘Gundam’ has been largely ignored by us in the UK and elsewhere, and is fairly awkward to get into. There are so many different series that it’s hard to know where to start other than way back in 1979 when it all started and watch everything in order (not a small feat by any means).

Rather than jumping into the main original storyline (the Universal Century, UC), it’ll be better to start off with something like IBO, then perhaps Gundam 00 (Double zero).  ‘Gundam Build Fighters’ is a great, if somewhat blatant example of the whole marketing /model kit/cartoon (sorry, anime) symbiosis.

Enjoy the ride!:D

Mart

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20180503_075853

Saw this reduced. As a long time Trekkie I couldn't resist. I know TOS Enterprise is the "updated" version from DS9 been looking at the instructions for Aztecing on the reboot version. Could be fun...

• Like 3