what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

Picked this thing up at at Aldi recently here in Oz, so it wasn’t really delivered, but, you know.

25882420748_933db1b48b_b.jpg

39722327502_85e7e9940d_b.jpg

Looks pretty fun, it even has little lights and sounds!

39722323962_c1073fbcef_b.jpg

I’m sure it’ll sit in the stash for ages, but it might make a nice change of pace from plastic and vinyl, so it might jump the queue ahead of some other kits I’ve got.

• Like 3

I've been away from updating for a while due to the holidays, and it's taken a bit to get back in the swing of things....but the holiday postman brought me one of these table top photo softboxes and some cheap-but-effective LED lights: 

39037081654_7683d7e776_b.jpg

So, now I can finally properly photograph my finished models.

• 2 weeks later...

My second Shin Godzilla vinyl kit has arrived. Produced by X-Plus/Bandai, this time the vinyl is made of a luminous purple. The dimensions are the same as the previous red vinyl kit, the pose this time depicts Godzilla unleashing his atomic breath.

20180203_155914

The is how the kit should look once assembled:

484832089_orig

Edited by Dave
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dave said:

My second Shin Godzilla vinyl kit has arrived. Produced by X-Plus/Bandai, this time the vinyl is made of a luminous purple. The dimensions are the same as the previous red vinyl kit, the pose this time depicts Godzilla in mid roar.

20180203_155914

The is how the kit should look once assembled:

484832089_orig

How much and where? Please and thank you.

HUGE Godzilla fan here.

Edited by Thud4444

1 hour ago, Thud4444 said:

How much and where? Please and thank you.

HUGE Godzilla fan here.

Got them from eBay. The red one was about £130 and the purple one was about £100. There was one seller offering both kits in the same listing if I recall correctly.

They are nice kits, very finely detailed.

Edited by Dave
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Thud4444 said:

Any idea how big it is when completed?  Does it scale with the Bandai EX figures? Or is it bigger?  

Surely at that price it isn't in the Ultraman 500 scale.

They're about 10 inches tall when completed, approx 1/474 in scale

s-l500

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27545595_10213246687875131_4242531570414

All my childhood dreams in a box :)   Feeling super lucky today.

Edited by mekon
spelling
  • Like 1

Not really the post man, but after seeing Steve's (Dances With Wolves) build of the 1/48 Fine Moulds Incom T65 X-Wing, my lovely wife bought me the Revell version (the one I'd seen in our local model shop just before Christmas) for my birthday - admittedly my birthday isn't until July..... but still.

25319785747_14fe5fa8dc_o.jpg

So, a massive 'thank you' to my wife! :smile:

Karl

• Like 3

On 2/3/2018 at 7:50 PM, Dave said:

They're about 10 inches tall when completed, approx 1/474 in scale

s-l500

Godzilla inspired marital aids? Whatever next.:blink2:   

:D

Anyhoo, picked up a cheap ‘n cheerful little kit. Nowhere near as detailed as some of the other Falcon kits available, but scratched an itch whilst slogging through a (never-ending) 1/32 Bf109 build.

njlch0o.jpg

Within a few hours I’d already cracked it open, slapped it together, and plonked a couple of LEDs in it.:whistle:

rqeeDe4.jpg

Mart

• Like 5

On 10/02/2018 at 9:29 PM, Karl said:

Not really the post man, but after seeing Steve's (Dances With Wolves) build of the 1/48 Fine Moulds Incom T65 X-Wing, my lovely wife bought me the Revell version (the one I'd seen in our local model shop just before Christmas) for my birthday - admittedly my birthday isn't until July..... but still.

25319785747_14fe5fa8dc_o.jpg

So, a massive 'thank you' to my wife! :smile:

Karl

Have fun with it Karl! :-)

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This came the other day 

20180310_104407

I got a real grade kit for Christmas ( my first gunpla ) and whilst I did enjoy building it and marvelling at the engineering, it was a little on the small side for me as I tend to build and paint large projects these days so hopefuly this should do the trick.

Pete

Edited by Brundledonk
  • Like 3

Been on the lookout for a Revel Kazon torpedo to complete our collection of the Star Trek Voyager series of models we have been collecting recently.

Eldest is well on with her build of the USS Intrepid (so we don't have 2 Voyagers).

Finally found a old stock Kazon Torpedo at the right price as the collectors didn't want it due to the crushed box.

Now the question is do we build it box stock or do we light it. 

Decisions decisions.

Received these today, how have 50 years passed :(  -

ydcv56f5

Also got the Big D from Moebius, smalll box, big kit?

Ken

Edited by mekon
Picture added
  • Like 2

I'm only just at very beginning of my other Gundam kit but already I can tell I'm going to enjoy the kit so I bagged another one to,put away for a rainy day (and il be honest with you, I'm not short of those here in Wales ) 

It's a perfect grade GP-01, the box for the MK II Gundam was pretty big but  I wasn't prepared for how massive the box is for this

20180317_163729

20180317_163742

Its twice as deep as the other Gundam box

20180317_163752

And it looks to be a fair bit more complicated than the other one . There are aircraft of some type included too

i haven't looked at the contents yet but will open it up and have a sort through it tomorrow 

20180317_163831

Pete

• Like 6