what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

On 04/07/2017 at 8:59 AM, Madmonk said:

Postman dropped this off at the weekend from Destiny Models, 1:4 scale Dewey from Silent Running.

Dewey1_zps06hprmy2.jpg

Dewey2_zpspatmxfit.jpg

Dewey3_zpstxloanzy.jpg

Had chance to have a quick look through and the casting is very nice, only a few small holes to fill.

Edit: Just for interest I posted these pictures from my 'standard' Photobucket account!!  Very strange.

Oh this is good - do they do all three?  Cracking movie - one of Bruce Dern's best. 

23 minutes ago, The Chief Smeg said:

Oh this is good - do they do all three?  Cracking movie - one of Bruce Dern's best. 

I had to go and look because I love those little drones.  Then I saw the price and began crying :crying:

2 hours ago, The Chief Smeg said:

Yes they do the all 3.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

I had to go and look because I love those little drones.  Then I saw the price and began crying :crying:

Yes, not cheap but there is a lot of very nicely cast resin for your money.

15 minutes ago, Madmonk said:

If you want a cheaper option search Silent Running paper models!! 😜😜😜

I did, and had BIIIIG plans to convert that to a plastic model.... guess what happened? :blush:

Yup... got distracted by something else shiny :doh:

• Like 3

Well, I've now completed my garage makeover and actually have room to build and paint things. I've still slowly been adding to the stash

Wip

so I now have waiting in the wings:

Bandai AT-AT

Bandai AT-ST

Bandai Speeder bike

Bandai Tie Advanced

Bandai C3PO

Bandai First Order Stormtrooper 

Revell Star Destroyer

Revell Snow speeder x 2 (joint build with my son)

Revell Jedi Star Fighter - Obi-Wan

Revell Jedi Star Fighter - Anakin

Bandai AT-ST & Snowspeeder 1:144

Revell Colonial Viper MkII

Dragon Iron Man MkVII

As well as BB8 & R2, Stormtrooper and Gonk & Mouse droids to actually finish properly. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, The Chief Smeg said:

Well, I've now completed my garage makeover and actually have room to build and paint things. I've still slowly been adding to the stash

Wip

so I now have waiting in the wings:

Bandai AT-AT

Bandai AT-ST

Bandai Speeder bike

Bandai Tie Advanced

Bandai C3PO

Bandai First Order Stormtrooper 

Revell Star Destroyer

Revell Snow speeder x 2 (joint build with my son)

Revell Jedi Star Fighter - Obi-Wan

Revell Jedi Star Fighter - Anakin

Bandai AT-ST & Snowspeeder 1:144

Revell Colonial Viper MkII

Dragon Iron Man MkVII

As well as BB8 & R2, Stormtrooper and Gonk & Mouse droids to actually finish properly. 

chief - this looks like heaven

• Like 1

My Bandai Star Wars stash dwarfs yours, I'm afraid :blush:  My main problem is my build rate, which is almost exactly zero at the moomin. :shrug:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

chief - this looks like heaven

It would be heaven if I could now find the time to actually build or paint something :D

2 hours ago, Madmonk said:

Heaven to some, a galaxy far, far away for others!!

You have noticed that there is a sort of theme going here then

2 hours ago, Mike said:

My Bandai Star Wars stash dwarfs yours, I'm afraid :blush:  My main problem is my build rate, which is almost exactly zero at the moomin. :shrug:

I do have plans to expand the stash but I seem to have spent most of my money on racking and floor tiles. Mainly what I would like to add is all of the little Bandai 1:144 kits, a pair of clone troopers and all of the tie fighter variants and rebel ships. Oh yes and lighting kits for the Iron Man and Viper along with a photo etch kit for the Viper. My current build rate is also zero and I really do keep meaning to begin building the star Destroyer - I bought the Revell kits to practice spraying and weathering techniques so it would be nice to actually do some of that. 

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:39 PM, Madmonk said:

If you want a cheaper option search Silent Running paper models!! 😜😜😜

I built/made these some years ago.

I strengthened them with balsa.

Fun to do.

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Star Wars stash dwarfs

They'll be Ewoks then?

• Like 1

Mistakes were made. Big ones.

35846714305_84a487555d_b.jpg

As I said in the photo caption, whatever happened to "Discreet brown paper wrapping, for the Gentleman Connoisseur", eh? No mistaking this on the doorstep...

Will

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Those Zaku look pretty good, could be the bases of an interesting diorama?

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:59 AM, rockpopandchips said:

Whats in the box Will?:P

It's this thing: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10410186

I'm such a fool, but it's a MASSIVE ROBOT DINOSAUR. The cannons are over a foot long...

Still a fool.

Will

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Will Vale said:

Those Zaku look pretty good, could be the bases of an interesting diorama?

It's this thing: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10410186

I'm such a fool, but it's a MASSIVE ROBOT DINOSAUR. The cannons are over a foot long...

Still a fool.

Will

Very nice, looks like a remake of Zoidzilla, I still have my small collection of 80`s Zoids up in the loft and have a Zoidzilla. 

8 hours ago, rockpopandchips said:

Very nice, looks like a remake of Zoidzilla, I still have my small collection of 80`s Zoids up in the loft and have a Zoidzilla. 

I think it is a remake (as a plastic kit) - Gojira begat Godzilla who begat Zoidzilla in the West, whereas Gojira begat Gojuras in the East.

The first Gojulas release Kotobukiya did was even in the blue and grey of the '80s Zoids :)

I don't have any of my originals left, nor the re-releases I picked up later, which is stupid really. My daughter has a couple I found on eBay - Academy bought the moulds and sold them in Korea for several years after Tomy stopped.

Would love to get the crocodile again, that had a great walk :)

Will

• Like 1

Eventhough I have zero knowledge about Gundam, after building many nice Star Wars model kits from Bandai, I ordered that one which arrived on Friday:

35592338860_a47b4c2935_c.jpg

• Like 2

well my postman just delivered me a Revell snap fix star destroyer to join my armada of other destroyers - my 1977 Kenner and my Disney Store ISD now have a baby brother - every office needs a touch of Star wars on the desktop

20170720_115412 (002)

I finally got my hands on the Bandai AT-AT.

But i went Batman mad again last week & snipped me up 2 old Revell kits at £15 each:-

Batman Forever Batmobile

Batman Forever Batboat

Both from the same uk seller, box was slightly dented as they were old, but tge sprues are still bagged up & sealed.

I could have gotten a complete set with a Batwing from USA, but i think ebay are charging customs on USA auctions as they wanted £20 upfront.

So it would have cost me £70, instead of £50, shame really.

Still on the lookout for a Batwing, but not at £45 on ebay ATM.

Went to the local ParcelFarce depot yesterday since they failed to deliver the package on Monday as requested to collect this beauty...

DSC_8239.JPG

Its very similar to the other Eagle kit but has the cargo winch and nuclear waste cannisters

DSC_8240.JPG

DSC_8242.JPG

...and this will be the base for when I start building it as a diorama...

DSC_8243.JPG

• Like 5