what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

On 30/01/2017 at 8:53 PM, langy said:

managed to drop into the post office last week and collect my Kotobukiya Metal Gear Rex model.

Got it for just over £130..(and an extra £12.12 in customs charges) which given the increasing rarity of the original kit was in my opinion a steal.

i've wanted to build this since way back when i first played Metal Gear Solid on the playstation..

Boxart Metal Gear Rex KP221 Kotobukiya

Looking forward to see a WIP on this.

Been wanting to get one of these for a while now.

• Like 1

20170410_174255_zpszi3eqfxf.jpg

Ive gone all Micheal Keaton-Era Batman mad.

Batwing was £37.99

Batmobile was £31.99

Batboat was £29.99

My ebay auctons paid for the Batwing & a small windfall paid for the Batmobile & Batboat.

Well chuffed,

Wayne.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Not a model, but scifi related, came last week.

Airsoft version of Han Solo's DL-44. This is the one by Armorer Works. It's all metal and weighs just over 2 pounds. I'm in the middle of weathering it right now. I have a new 3D printed grill being made for it. Great fun on semi and full auto!

Stock out of the box after assembly.

f9lbr.jpg

After some weathering. Still a ways to go.

14ig5yw.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

heres what ive had devilered in last month.
p bandai rebawoo.
18278320_1883509601889601_60221143705736

also a mass of do-dads from taobao, decals, PE, some metal pipes and some scrapers and rasps.
18278959_1883509758556252_57533965643915

3rd party providence gundam(its much better than the bandai version)
and a resin conversion kit for the MG zero wing kit...
18278215_1883509851889576_52061034586233
this is what resin conversion looks like...
Wing-gundam-saber-fate-stay-night-zero+%

got this plastic unicorn bust, awesome kit with full set of LEDs included
16113160_1086937854765719_75787426766996

15871745_1079555778837260_82646189363614

also got afew more things ive not taken pics for and put away, but il show some ad photos...
these PE sheets for MG sinanju...
16299216_10155083253769446_265700048383316195048_10155083253879446_2829183393065

i also finally got this sazabi resin dress up kit, the body kit and the fuel tank kit together cost me 175 quid, but its worth it, look at it, LOOK AT IT!!!
Untitled-46.pngUntitled-40.png

• Like 4

2017-05-10_11-14-53

The ACE Deep Striker Arrived (with a ransom from Parcel Farce) and it's a big ol' box.

Also picked up one of BanDai's Level 3 Spru-Kits from a Debenhams online sale (£19.98 shipped down from £55) and an AMT Cut-Away Falcon to join the normal version (I know they're a lot of effort to get looking good, but an AMT falcon + resin upgrades is still less than a FM/Revell one that has more detail but has many of the same shape issues).

Magnifier have done a reprint of their GP-04 head which I've lusted after for a while but missed the first time round (it was still available but you'd be shelling out $200+ for it) so when I saw them back in stock at GMC after being gone for nearly a year I jumped on it. Scale says 1/20th but having looked in the box it's only marginally larger than the 1/35th busts and quite a bit smaller than my 1/24th Aile Strike so I think that it's actually 1/30th. Here's a picture of a completed one:

9d597252215727ddb77730d6669d7191.jpg

Lastly, after over a year of waiting and several delays the Dark Souls Board Game kickstarter arrived. Not had a chance to play it properly yet, but looking through the rules I already have some minor concerns. The minis are generally nice though their being made out of PVC is a pain. Also, the detail is inconsistent, you'll have areas of incredibly intricate detail such as the Gargoyle's shield of the Dancer's sword, but Ornstein's face looks like it has melted and Smough's hammer is bent (because the way that the hands are mounded mean that a curve is forced into the hammer's shaft). All in all, I'll give it 5/7 at the moment and wait to see what October's stretch goals look like (if they turn up on time).

• Like 3

So today mr Amazon courier brought me the Bandai 1/144 scale AT-AT, 1/12 scale first order Trooper and the 1/144 scale AT-ST and Snow Speeder kit.

New Delivery

All wedged into the garage because I can't move in there yet until I strip everything out and buy some proper racking and work bench - job for this summer

Edited by The Chief Smeg
  • Like 3

So, because no-one has listed spru shots of this particular kit yet, I thought I'd add some:

We shall start with the box, I included the scale on my cutting mat to give you some idea of how small this kit is (yes I know it is 1/144 but i was still surprised)

New Delivery

Opening the box we discover that the instructions are actually printed on the inside of the lid

New Delivery

still nice and clear though. 

I unpacked the bag next and photographed each individual spru, but we will actually start with the decals which are provided in the form of stickers and not water slide transfers 

New Delivery

theybare nice and crisp but I plan to try painting instead. 

Next we we have a shot of the supplied stand for the Snowspeeder which comes on its own spru BM1 which I imagine is a common part used across most of these 1/144 scale kits

New Delivery

The rest of the model kit parts are spread over just 4 sprues and the detail is impressive, I'll give you a group shot and then look at each individual spru in turn

New Delivery

Spru A1 seems to contain most of the Snowspeeder

New Delivery

With A2 completing the model

New Delivery

Spru A3 is the beginning of your AT-ST

New Delivery

And finally A4 completes your model

New Delivery

the level of detail included in these tiny little builds is excellent. As you would expect from Bandai there are no obvious instances of excesss flash and the spru attachment points have been cleverly chosen which again is a hallmark of the Bamdai kits. 

I shall all be looking forward to building these!

• Like 2

That snowspeeder is very impressive, shame about the stickers though! It seems to be a toss-up which Bandai decide to use in the box with the Mecha Colle kits - my Ultraman VTOL has decals, but the Elysion had stickers.

Will

• Like 1

On 13/05/2017 at 4:36 PM, The Chief Smeg said:

So today mr Amazon courier brought me the Bandai 1/144 scale AT-AT, 1/12 scale first order Trooper and the 1/144 scale AT-ST and Snow Speeder kit.

New Delivery

All wedged into the garage because I can't move in there yet until I strip everything out and buy some proper racking and work bench - job for this summer

I have not ordered much from Amazon when it gets shipped from Japan.  Was this a delivery from Japan, and if it was, how did VAT/Customs get handled?

thanks

anthony

• Like 1

Nothing today, but he dropped off a Bandai Yodas for me t'other day.... Yodii? :shrug:  I'll have the 1:12 one, and build up the 1:6 one for Himself to have on his shelves in his room ^_^

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Anthony Kesterton said:

I have not ordered much from Amazon when it gets shipped from Japan.  Was this a delivery from Japan, and if it was, how did VAT/Customs get handled?

thanks

anthony

This was the uk Amazon. We have Amazon Prime so I just did a filtered search for Bandai Star Wars with Prime delivery. Ordered Friday night and it turned up on Saturday. 

18 hours ago, Will Vale said:

That snowspeeder is very impressive, shame about the stickers though! It seems to be a toss-up which Bandai decide to use in the box with the Mecha Colle kits - my Ultraman VTOL has decals, but the Elysion had stickers.

Will

Not looking forward to cutting those Snow Speeder guns from the spru though - I have visions of that pinging off into the land of lost things

• Like 2

17 hours ago, The Chief Smeg said:

Not looking forward to cutting those Snow Speeder guns from the spru though - I have visions of that pinging off into the land of lost things

Don't be a Smeg Head, it's Bandai, all will be fine!!

• Like 5

Delivered from Japan just a few days ago: 

hsg65776_0_1485331825.jpg?v=1485331825

Sukhoi/IAI/Dornier SV-51Gamma (with twinbooster)

I've been excited to purchase this after sniffing the news about this kit getting re-released, some emails exchanged between me and HLJ staff, order processing, shipping, and voila!

Still waiting for the Northrop-Grumman VF-0 with Ghost drone (supposed to be re-released the same month), the staff said that even HLJ cannot secure their share of kits from manufacturers.

• Like 5

I got an AT-AT :)

Seeing other folks' builds of this is even more impressive (as is the moulding) now I can see how tiny it is.

Will

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will Vale said:

Seeing other folks' builds of this is even more impressive (as is the moulding) now I can see how tiny it is.

It's a shock when you first pull that tiny cockpit from the box, isn't it.

It's deceptive though. Once it's all together, it seems a bit bigger than you expect.

Still smaller than I'd prefer though. Maybe after the Falcon, Bandai will do a 1/72 AT-AT.

Andy

1 hour ago, AndyRM101 said:

Still smaller than I'd prefer though. Maybe after the Falcon, Bandai will do a 1/72 AT-AT.

...and limit it to Japan only and charge £200 for it ;)

Anyway, I gots these things:

KOT10851.jpg

Koto's NERV VTOL CAC aircraft thing...which is tiny.

BAN962048box.jpg

HGUC Zaku II F2 number 3 as its my favourite version of the Zaku II

20140610150021-36981.jpg

And just for a laugh, a little Zaku machinegun water pistol. Its about 30cm long and, apart from the slightly too large pistol grip, scales out pretty well at about 1/30.

All this from HLJ's sale aaaages ago. Packaged in one of HLJ's stupid, massive boxes (they give Amazon a run for their money) and marked up rather nicely with the incorrect box value. They'd marked the pre-sale value on the customs decleration, not what I actually paid, which is what I should be paying VAT on. So it cost me nearly £30 to actually get my package. Joy. 

• Like 2