what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

That is going to be a fun build up!

BTW- it has been mentioned that the Lab Pod does not seem to fit the model properly- thing is that Lab Pod is accurate and the kit is not. It will go together but it will take a little adapting for it to mate up properly.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Robert said:

From Amazon Bandai Red Squadron X-wing Starfighter. Ordered last Wednesday and received today.

I got the dual kit in the mail yesterday myself. When I get around to painting it, I'll probably do it as Blue Leader (sans the glorious mustache, of course).

• Like 1

On 1/9/2017 at 5:00 PM, directorcass said:

I got my Mini Bandai Falcon today! Going to light the engines and call it done.

Would love to see some in-the-box pics of this....detail looks amazing for the size. Speaking of Falcon, their 'hunter' arrived today 

Bandai_Slave_1_zpsi6iuoodh.jpg

Cheers,

Dermot

• Like 3

Just received the Plamax Gypsy Danger - big hero robot from Pacific Rim - and it looks very good in the box. There's an articulated inner body/frame in ABS with lots of pipes and nurnies, to which you fit styrene armour panels so it looks to go together much like a Master Grade Gundam kit.

It's billed as 1/350 - I thought it would be bigger because it uses a ship as a bat in the film, but looking again I think it's a small coaster rather than a container ship, so that'd just about work. Good news since there's a world of 1/350 stuff to put with it :)

Cheers,

Will

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Will Vale said:

Just received the Plamax Gypsy Danger - big hero robot from Pacific Rim - and it looks very good in the box. There's an articulated inner body/frame in ABS with lots of pipes and nurnies, to which you fit styrene armour panels so it looks to go together much like a Master Grade Gundam kit.

It's billed as 1/350 - I thought it would be bigger because it uses a ship as a bat in the film, but looking again I think it's a small coaster rather than a container ship, so that'd just about work. Good news since there's a world of 1/350 stuff to put with it :)

Cheers,

Will

Pictures! Pictures!

I had no idea there was even a kit available of these robots. I've done a quick Google search and they look really cool

Does yours have the LED system or will you do it yourself?

Edited by Madhatter

They've been in development for what seems like ages!

It comes with a single LED for the chest reactor, but if you were to fit the plasma cannons (or light up the elbow rocket!) you'd need to do it yourself.

I'll get some pics since I'm waiting for paint to dry on the 2199 ships, hold on.

Will

• Like 1

So will you do the hand cannons? A kit that detailed is crying for that kind of lighting, and given how smart you are with programming, I am sure you could make it do all sorts of crazy things

I was thinking, having tried a bit of sculpting now, that I'd really like to do the scene from the opening where GD is fighting a Kaiju while holding a fishing boat :) No promises though.

Here are some pics, starting with the awesome box art. I think this is my fave box since Bandai's Shinkai DSV, and the vertical format looks great:

31495282334_4aa6984592_b.jpg

And here are some sample sprues, still in bags I'm afraid but hopefully you can see something behind the reflections:

31495286164_a714ec1e43_b.jpg

31495284214_3ebfc3ac49_b.jpg

32298455796_da1436006e_b.jpg

32217624961_4ea1143907_b.jpg

32337411305_c36dcc6581_b.jpg

The grey frame is ABS and covers five sprues (two duplicates) and the rest is styrene (three large, two small and one tiny sprue of blue, plus one of clear). There are decals for markings - mostly striping and a bit of insignia. Oh yes, and a sheet of black "poly cap" joint pieces which are called out as ABS in the instructions unlike the usual vinyl. The LED unit and a couple of screws come in a small cardboard box. Mouldings look very clean but I'd be surprised if there are no sink marks on the armour panels as there are some quite thick sockets and other extensions on their back sides for connecting to the frame.

Rather a quality production, assuming it fits! They also do Cherno Alpha which was what I was going to get originally, but I ended up going for GD because Cherno doesn't get to do much in the movie, and the shape of GD really grew on me.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 9

there is some really nice detail there. This would be a great WIP (hint hint)

I also think it could look cool painted in some kind of splinter camo - although the original scheme does look cool

18 hours ago, Dermo245 said:

Would love to see some in-the-box pics of this....detail looks amazing for the size. Speaking of Falcon, their 'hunter' arrived today 

Cheers,

Dermot

Have a look here Dermot, no sprue shots but does show the exceptional detail on the kit.

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=276644

Cheers,

Warren

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Dermo245 said:

Cheers,

Dermot

Awesome! It should come as no surprise that it's a fantastic little kit.

I'm working on one right now over in the Work In Progress forum.

• Like 1

This little lot were posted from Japan on Friday and delivered to sunny Doncaster yesterday morning and that included Parcelfarce making the final delivery!

TMD%20Del_zps4ybnadus.jpg

Most are destined for my show stock!

• Like 6

I just got the 1:1000 classic D-7 prepaint kit. I have a number of kits of this already, but I went for the prepaint just because it has two weird colors- a soft lavender and off-mint green, which match the original filming model. These are two colors that would be a real bear to match and apply without an airbrush. The other kits I will build and modify into some alternate versions, but I wanted at least one which was in the classic colors.

Last week I got a Bandai 1:72 A-Wing. People were upset that the kit may not be to scale when compared to some model shots from RotJ (story is that ILM just dropped in a generic pilot of a different scale to save time), but it does match scale with a full size prop built for Star Wars 8- The Last Jedi.

It is great kit and I love the smaller gun tower they included with it, which I think is 1:144 scale- opinions?

• Like 1

Something a bit different

2rwrv43.jpg]

Well not the Yamato mini ships, but the figure. I quite liked the sci-fi look, sort of anime meets stormtrooper and I've been meaning to do a Koto kit for a while. Surprisingly hefty box so interesting to see what it ends up like :)

Also scored a Bandai Boba Fett and Clonetrooper. I know the prequels are a bit hit and miss but Clones were awesome :) I also acquired a charming little Darjeeling figurine from Girls und Panzer but that's not quite sci-fi :P

Edited by Misrule
  • Like 6

Some interesting goodies there, hope you do a WIP of the WISM kit. I've got a Kotobukiya fantasy figure (Etrian Odyssey archer) which looks ace in the box.

Cheers.

Will

• Like 1

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 4:38 AM, Misrule said:

Something a bit different

I was sure I replied to this but maybe I failed to press the button. Those figures look very interesting, I hope you do a WIP thread for them!

I have somewhere a Kotobukiya fantasy archer kit from Etrian Odyssey which looks really good, but the sci-fi ones you've got seem to offer more potential.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Will Vale said:

I was sure I replied to this but maybe I failed to press the button. Those figures look very interesting, I hope you do a WIP thread for them!

I have somewhere a Kotobukiya fantasy archer kit from Etrian Odyssey which looks really good, but the sci-fi ones you've got seem to offer more potential.

Cheers,

Will

you did - it is right below his original post :D 

• Like 2

That's weird, maybe I need to refresh things...

(And I did, and there it is! I think the forum's "add new posts that have appeared" thing added ScootyPuffJunior's but not mine...)