Allouette helicopter crashed at Breighton- 5 injured

tonyot

Hiya Folks,

Bad news,......an Allouette wearing AAC markings has crashed at Breighton in Yorkshire, seriously injuring 5 people (serial`s-HC-PPC and G-CICS/XR379 have both been mentioned, although an eye witness reports seeing the serial XR379 on the wreckage and it is wearing AAC colours and markings) , here is the latest on Twitter;

https://twitter.com/search?q=breighton+crash&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Esearch

I hope that everybody is OK and that there are no life changing injuries,

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot

Serious but not life threatening injuries seems to be the gist of the posts, good on the Mirror for showing a Robbie 44 as a generic Helicopter. :( The cabin area didn't seem to be too badly knocked around so heres hoping for an OK outcome. This article seems to indicate it is a private machine restored in AAC colours.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

Indeed it is (...was). HA-PPC, formerly white with stripes and now repainted in its original AAC identity. I was chatting to its owner/pilot at Breighton in the afternoon prior to the accident and admiring his machine's new look; shame about the end result but at least its occupants are still around. I await the AAIB report with interest.