ICM T-28

Hi Folks,

Next project time, another Eastern Bloc offering of this bridgelayer, an adaptation of the T 28 russian medium tank.

I don't think many of these were made so research info may be in short supply..see how it goes.

DSC_0002.jpg

There is plenty of plastic most of which is covered by a film rather like thin treacle, so the whole lot needed scrubbing in warm water and detergent!

DSC_0060_1.jpg

Lower Hull Together with a few wheels

DSC_0059.jpg

And the bridge constructed

All for now

Cheers

K

;

• Like 4

Nice choice of model again Kayell, can't remember having seen this before. The ICM anti stick coating is familiar though, ran into that on their T-35 heavy tank. Thick and gloopy and nearly impossible to remove.

• Like 1

I've got one of these in the stash and was thinking of mating it with a new TrumpyBoss lower half to improve the detail, but it doesn't look like it needs it all that much. Perhaps the plastic is better though, and no treacle top-coat ;)

• Like 2

Nice choice of model again Kayell, can't remember having seen this before. The ICM anti stick coating is familiar though, ran into that on their T-35 heavy tank. Thick and gloopy and nearly impossible to remove.

Still finding areas that the toothbrush missed.

I've got one of these in the stash and was thinking of mating it with a new TrumpyBoss lower half to improve the detail, but it doesn't look like it needs it all that much. Perhaps the plastic is better though, and no treacle top-coat ;)

I've been trying to do some research on this vehicle but the images are not brilliant. Where I am at the moment I might think about putting some kind of gantry on the side to give the bridge some support which is lacking.

There is one image(poor one) I have seen with three struts supporting the bridge. As there is so little out there I might have to use some artistic licence.

Willthing about it in the next day or so.

Cheers

K

great to see you doing a full build log of this one the detail looks good to me and I,am sure that you will put your very own stamp on it when you get round to the painting looking forward to seeing more of this :popcorn::popcorn:

Beefy

• Like 1

I look forward to piggy-backing on your research in due course! :wicked:

Research read guessing!

This is where my artistic licence comes in!!!!

As I mentioned previously the bridge structure has nowhere to rest, so I cobbled up a bit of a cradle.

DSC_0060%201.jpg

DSC_0062%201.jpg

Also a gantry type thing on either side

DSC_0063%201.jpg

DSC_0065%201.jpg

Oh and tracks constructed.

The bridge seems to fit ok

DSC_0068_1.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

Tidy it up, get some paint on and add the fiddly bits.

Cheers

K

• Like 5

Thank you for your comments guys.

I havn't done much (nothing) over the last week or so having to fulfil family and domestic duties.

Today I am going to try and move the project along.

Cheers

K

• Like 2

Real life always has priority Kayell

:winkgrin:

Yes Julian it does, but sometimes unexpected riches can be found!

DSC_0073.jpg

No longer required at my Dads house..... I will make use of it.

Managed to move along yesterday.....Just the weathering, some minor painting and cables to put in.

DSC_0071.jpgDSC_0070.jpg

Cheers

Keith

• Like 2

Hi mate,

You say 'cobbled' for something that looks like it came with kit,brilliant lol.

Great seeing a bit more of this build moving on.

Dave.

• Like 1

Hi Folks

Will start the weathering process today

Managed to find my 'reference' for this project

Whether it is a photograph, drawing or a bit of both,it allows some 'interpritation' to be made

Cheers

K

DSC_0070%201.jpg

• Like 3

Nice one mate always good to have a bit of refererance to go off and then make all the little bits sort of from your own design and what other bits you can cobble together from what you already do best.

Hope to catch up soon and see more progress on this beast

Beefy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks

I have got as far as I can with this build.

Cables and pulleys installed as well as a clamp for the bridge itself.DSC_0072%201.jpg

The two front machine guns have been let off until last as they are thin and fragile(like myself...not)

Will cobble together a base with a figure before it goes onto RFI.

DSC_0078.jpgDSC_0079.jpgDSC_0080.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

Thanks for looking and for all your comments

See you on the other side

Cheers

Keith

• Like 3