Way back when men were iron and ships were wood. A Ford from my past life.

Well maybe not THAT long ago, but quite a while back anyway. This represents a Crime Scene Command Van from the mid to late '1970's when I first started my law enforcement career. I used the AMT "Phantom Van" kit built stock. I scratchbuilt the ladder, ladder rack, front seats, rear view mirrors and the storage cabinet. The markings were from memory and generated in my computer.

ford%20lab_zpseizrl8mk.jpg

DSCF5874_zpsczknolob.jpg

DSCF5876_zpsdt74m8z8.jpg

DSCF5877_zps34gz3qhz.jpg

DSCF5880_zps606gxvtb.jpg

DSCF5836_zpsks9y4jcu.jpg

DSCF5833_zpsgi3qahch.jpg

This is the modern day equivalent.

lab%20van%20modern_zpsjtojaacj.jpg

G

Edited by AgentG
  • Like 14

• 2 weeks later...

Now that's funny! There were nights I wished I had something like that!

Those crime scene vans always dealt with the hideous and "otherworldly".

I never worked in the Laboratory Division, but I did serve some time in Bomb and Arson and Homicide. Can you say "organized crime gang warfare involving explosives?" Sure you can.

Violent crime in that city is such that what most places would call a "Major Incident" we called "Tuesday".

The FBI again named St Louis "The Most Violent City" in America for 2016.

There are times I cannot believe I survived 28 years of front line police work there.

It's a darn shame as the place is really quite nice looking and has a lot to offer.

G

You are a brave man sir.....I truly hope the USA can negotiate the turmoil it finds itself in. :pray:

My personal experiences of your country and its inhabitants have only been good.....But I also saw the darker side of both LA & San Francisco and that was before things got really bad. :confused: