Special Hobby Gnat, Indian Air Force Gnat/Ajeet E296

Greeting always wanted to make this aircraft however getting the kits was difficult, i believe there were a vacuform one and Olimp pro gnat, it was next to impossible for me to get. The Special Hobby kits is very nice little kits and with lots of extra parts and it sure is a bang for a money, and the kits was fairly easy to built however it doesn't come with Indian decals heard they are making a Indian one is that true? The paint was bit difficult, I sprayed mr. color however whenever i tried to masked the paint would chipped off quite frustrating trying to fix it almost lost my sanity however i carry on the scheme am doing is E296 and was from 22SQN of the Indian Air force, the aircraft is currently is UK doing major restoration however they have not paint the whole tail section with yellow and black stripes. The aircraft is almost done I just need to put the serial number waiting for my printer ink to come by.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
omparing with her adversary of the Indian Continent, The F-86 is quite a big aircraft and gnat a nimble one.
ref image
ref.jpg
c
Thanks for the peek guys, cheers.
Edited by tomthounaojam
  • Like 21

Nice to see a single seat Gnat (Ajeet) as Airfix have the two seater covered with their kit. Your "Tiger Stripes" look good to me.

Keep it up, Trev.

Thanks Buddy, Yep, build couple of airfix two sitter old and new one, i find there recessed panel is little too deep? However a great kits, however mind had a disaster book fell over it and end of story now using it for spare parts.

Great work and love the photo with the F86 - shows the tiny size of the Gnat off perfectly. I remember climbing into a Gnat destined for the fire dump when I was an Air Cadet at Bruggen - it was so small you could practically touch the ground with your hands while inside it.

Great work and love the photo with the F86 - shows the tiny size of the Gnat off perfectly. I remember climbing into a Gnat destined for the fire dump when I was an Air Cadet at Bruggen - it was so small you could practically touch the ground with your hands while inside it.

Thanks Mates, F-86 is such a lovely aircraft, Yeah gnat is really small, have played with the aircraft when i was small in part and it was really tiny. Hahaha you could touched the ground, you must be a big man, buddy!!

Thanks for sharing this nice and rare Model! Original pics are amazing too!

Andy

Thanks Buddy, the kits is hard to get by however a very beautiful kits i would say.

Oh, nice build and great paint job! Sorry to hear about the "Book Incident".

Much appreciated, it was long time ago i have overcome it :)

Any chance of seeing it against a Sukhoi here? :) Nice build..

DSC_0812l.jpgimage hosting 20mb

here you go mate, she is such a small aircraft compared to the Su-30 Mki, cheers

nice scheme....

Will be all over this if it was 1/48

rgds

True, am looking for a 1:48 as well it would be fun and less hard to paint as well :)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/27/2017 at 11:46 AM, RidgeRunner said:

A little cutesy! Very nice build.

Martin ;)

On 10/27/2017 at 12:27 PM, Romel said:

oooo. nice work

Thank you guys for the kind words really appreciate it, Cheers

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:53 AM, tomthounaojam said:

They are releasing Indian version this December.
fdfs.jpg
source: special hobby Fb's page

"Camo A" looks good :)

Martin

2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

"Camo A" looks good :)

Martin

Yeah, however actual aircraft color looks faded, PM me if you like to see the actual aircraft picture.

1 hour ago, Mr B said:

Got this ...torn between scheme a ,c or d

in fact all of them look good....nifty kit

rgds

Even I myself got a one, Other than C I have all the actual aircraft pictures, a hard to find, the C is still confusing the aircraft is now in Shillong where I grew up and as in spurious colors because in other picture it is orange and yellow and says both are correct. Either way, shall we do an ajeet GB? Enghui also got a one, he saw an actual one here, I took him to the Air Force museum.

8 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:

Yeah, however actual aircraft color looks faded, PM me if you like to see the actual aircraft picture.

Even I myself got a one, Other than C I have all the actual aircraft pictures, a hard to find, the C is still confusing the aircraft is now in Shillong where I grew up and as in spurious colors because in other picture it is orange and yellow and says both are correct. Either way, shall we do an ajeet GB? Enghui also got a one, he saw an actual one here, I took him to the Air Force museum.

HAHAHA.....don't think many followers for the Ajeet GB here in Malaysia bro............

4 hours ago, Mr B said:

HAHAHA.....don't think many followers for the Ajeet GB here in Malaysia bro............

It is Okay bro, me, you and he can do a trio lol, need to convince him tho, he coming next week to Delhi and plan to meet him (Hopefully) 

58 minutes ago, Josh G said:

Hi, love this, last year I did the 1/48 Aeropoxy resin Ajeet, with vac canopy, such a small plane. I would like Osprey to do a duel title on IAF Gnat vs PAF F-86

Thank you, indeed it is such a nimble bird, I wonder those who are above 6 feet even fit in the cockpit. This aircraft somehow look very nice, the shape looks very appealing. 

2 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:

It is Okay bro, me, you and he can do a trio lol, need to convince him tho, he coming next week to Delhi and plan to meet him (Hopefully) 

Lol. Cool

2 hours ago, tomthounaojam said:

Thank you, indeed it is such a nimble bird, I wonder those who are above 6 feet even fit in the cockpit. This aircraft somehow look very nice, the shape looks very appealing.