If you're one of the gradually reducing number of folks that aren't currently receiving notifications to topics you've subscribed to, or PMs you're receiving, first check you've got the correct address in your profile, then drop in and post your experience in this thread, remembering to tell us your email provider's details, which is the part after the @ in your email address.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
DominikS

Errors found at Xtradecals sets.

Another topic but this time its aim is to show errors we have found at Xtradecals. Before I write about those I've found please remember that only one who does nothing does not make any mistakes. I hope this topic will show those issues and will allow Hannants to correct them in the future.

Today I start wit Spitfire Mk.VIII set. First of all, Spitfire QJ-D should have WDAF emblem instead of no.92 squadron Cobra. Every photo of squadron's Spitfires show it clearly. Next is Spitfire of No. 145 squadron. The profile should present aircraft wearing the Day Fighter scheme with some minor changes.

That's all for naw from me.

Cheers

Dominik

I recently brought RAF Update set with F35B in 1/72 & also a set for 1/48 on checking them out they are both the same size !! I feel the 1/72 set are over sized.😨

Sheet X048033 is currently unlisted and contains (contained) a set of markings for a 111Sqn Hunter of the Black Arrows. They missed the red fuselage serials (think they had them black). This was corrected in the 1/72 set. Let's hope they get it right if the 1/48 set gets a reprint.

Might be useful to quote the sheet numbers when doing this (as Viscount806x has), would be helpful for fellow Britmodellers to know this information when contemplating a sheet purchase.

Sheet 72-233

The 25 years of Tornado ops, ALL the fin decals are over-sized, the list of ops. angle is too steep and the white 25 is not strong enough. Not sure which kit they were designed for, I have used a Hasgawa but I doubt that they would be correct for any kit.

Edited by Blacktjet