Tamiya 1/35 PzKpfw II AusF F/G on the bench

Great progress. I recently finished mine (it's in RFI section) and now I'm kinda kicking myself for not puting something to fill empty spaces under the grills. Yours idea was brilliant, mate. Looking good. Nice to see another golden oldie :)

• Like 1

Thanks all for the encouraging comments :thumbsup2:

Just a small but grubby update.

Applied first slosh of the Flory Grime wash (thought I'd try to show as much of the weathering process as possible over the next few posts)

37205061476_768147476e_c.jpg

36996746150_a895e9f572_c.jpg

36542368524_afa8d8d853_c.jpg

Need to let it dry and then get to work with paper towel and cotton buds

Thanks for looking

Phil :thumbsup:

Edited by Phil Lewis
Re-shared images from Flickr
  • Like 1

After setting to with tapwater dampened cotton buds, paper towel and a flat brush to apply streaking effects we arrive here.

37205057156_022848624a_c.jpg

As it's currently a little dark for a tank in the North African desert I shall be adding a mix of Flory Sand and Light wash to give it a pale, sand dusted effect.

Thanks for looking and the positive comments

Phil :hobbyhorse:

Edited by Phil Lewis
  • Like 3

A sudden Flory of washing with a mix of Flory Sand and Light washes to produce the light dust effect for a vehicle in the North African desert followed by some dry brushing of Vallejo steel and a bit of detail painting here and there finds the Panzer pretty much complete.

I wanted the vehicle at least to be ready for the IPMS Birmingham Model Expo tomorrow and will turn my attention to the commander figure and see if I can have him ready in time too.

Here's a few piccies to show you where we stand at the moment.

As you can see I went with the supplied vinyl tracks (Hobson's choice as I couldn't source any reasonably priced aftermarket items easily) but they do appear to scrub up nicely with no obvious clangers that I can see.

36542368294_268aa65c24_c.jpg

36582515233_19abfd154d_c.jpg

36996746010_d7089e8c2d_c.jpg

36542367914_a6f9f6260e_c.jpg

37205056936_7773d54104_c.jpg

36996745920_1b9d553769_c.jpg

Thanks for looking and all the positive comment / encouragement :thumbsup2:

I'll try to get the figure done now and hopefully post something up later.

Cheers

Flapping Phil :hobbyhorse:

Edited by Phil Lewis
  • Like 4

Thanks all, Commander figure pretty much finished, well, ready for the show tomorrow/later today :D

36542367754_c033467bb3_c.jpg

37205056686_34d59fa49d_c.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Those of you that will be at the IPMS Birmingham show tomorrow have a great time and I'll see you there if you spot me :D

Cheers

Edited by Phil Lewis
  • Like 4

Fitting AM tracks to this little machine is problematic, mainly due to the drive sprocket only having 22 teeth. It should have 25 teeth to create the correct track pitch. You can fit MK's SK-25 set, if you are prepared to shave off (approximately 12) teeth from the front of the sprocket.

Nice job on this.

• Like 1

Fitting AM tracks to this little machine is problematic, mainly due to the drive sprocket only having 22 teeth. It should have 25 teeth to create the correct track pitch. You can fit MK's SK-25 set, if you are prepared to shave off (approximately 12) teeth from the front of the sprocket.

Nice job on this.

Thanks Crayons, I suppose if I wanted to go aftermarket later I might be able to use the spare drive sprockets from the Dragon Panzer II box

Turned out nice, quite impressed how you can bring the weathering back.

Thank you Wogga

Nice set, this done? ...., cheers Phil

Thanks Francis, it's mostly done but I do want to incorporate it into a little vignette I have in mind :whistle:

Great Finish Phil. I hope you had a cool time at the show.

Hint.

Thanks John, I had a really great time at the show.

Thought I'd put one of my builds into the competition, saw the amazing quality of the others in the class and thought I had no chance :fraidnot:

Got this

EastExp72_T34_85WIP-15-06-16basic27_zpst

for this..

EastExp72_T34_85WIP-15-06-16basic26_zpsw

Did not expect that :analintruder::thumbsup:

Thanks all, really, really appreciate all the kind comments and support :thumbsup2:

• Like 5