HMS Faulknor 1942 1/700

Hi All, here is my 1/700 HMS Faulkonr conversion from the Tamiya E-Class Destroyer. Many, many firsts here. First post for inspection. First build in 20+ years. First time painting a model ship (played and sank all the others in the bath I think!). First Photo etch adventure. First scratch build on a model. First attempt at a seascape. First time mounting on a base, you get the picture... This was made as a 70th Birthday present for my old man. His Dad, my Grandfather served on Faulknor from '38 to '42 as a CPO and I wanted to do something different for his birthday and came up with this. It was all going so well until half way through his party someone knocked her onto the floor and carnage ensued. So this is what I have been able to patch together from the wreck. All comments, tips and criticism appreciated. Just don't mention the Very short aft funnel... Geoff.

<http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q371/geoffoz/HMS%20Faulknor%201942/441e9d64-7dfc-4423-97f0-0250022e49e4_zpsfqdzglpi.jpg~original>

Lovely job Bugle, to upload photos you copy the direct link from the box next to your picture in photobucket, then in your post click on the green photo icon, then paste the link into the box that comes up and click ok. Thats how it works.

Hope this helps, all the best Chris

Lovely build and use of the etch. Love the A to I class pre war destroyers. Good work sir

Thanks for the kind words Kev, Chris, Chuckb1. Much appreciated. Think I need to re scale the pics I've taken as it won't let me do it that way Chris.

Gotta admit that the pre war Destroyers, A to I, look just right to me, I know I have a personal connection but they do look special!

Edited by Bugle07