Well, this is it. Super Etendard/SEM leave Aéronavale service today

Antoine

Here's a type that achieved much more than most were expecting ! I'm always amazed when I look at the history of the Super Etandard, from the first studies by Dassault for the late '50s NATO light fighter competition to the original Etandard to the later Super and then the SEM, this was an aircrafts that was often considered average by commentators but proved to be a very effective attack aircraft. The Super flew combat missions in plenty of theatres and never disappointed. I hope that the French Navy will save a few aircrafts, it would be a fitting tribute to the Etandard family

• Like 1

I hope that the French Navy will save a few aircrafts, it would be a fitting tribute to the Etandard family

Not the French navy, but I've just heard some good news about preservation.

We'll see.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I get where your coming from Antoine felt sad when mighty mk4 retired this year to be replaced with the plastic pig.still keeps me in a job!

I have to say I miss the noise the HC.4s used to make. It was very distinctive. Still, with plenty of Merlin and Wildcat activity over my house replacing them I'm not complaining.