Little One - Fw190 A-8 1/144th Scale - Revell

Hi All,

Something quick and simple from me for this one,

27572321984_2f2c74bdf4_c.jpg

As basic as it gets, I think there must be a dozen parts at the most to this.

27572425253_7cc17f00f1_c.jpg

And there's six of those parts in this shot - Needs a bit of filler in places and it looks like I might have to do some remedial work to the port side front as it hasn't moulded very well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well,

Here we are a couple of weeks down the line - You'd have thought that I'd have it finished by now but I got distracted by not one, not two, but three Home Bargains Spitfires.

(PRxix Completed, Vb and F.22 halfway FWIW)

Anyway, whilst waiting for the glue to set on Supermarine's finest last night - I got a bit more done on this.....

The underside of the engine cowling took some work to smooth out, then it was primed and Vallejo Light Grey Blue and Humbrol RLM74 brushpainted on.

28002616773_8772f2afef_c.jpg

I'd got confused and ended up putting the darker shade on top first - Apparently it's "Graugrun" but is it me or is it more Grun rather than Grau?

28619162015_8369ccf0b5_c.jpg

Confirmed when Humbrol's RLM75 went on, the RLM74 is very green - Not wishing to open an enormous :worms: but is that right? Or should it be more grey and I simply failed to stir the paint properly?

28586223536_dc287cd449_c.jpg

The mottling is courtesy of a cut down brush - A tip I picked up in a copy of "Warlord" comic way back when - I may need to revisit the mottle to give it a bit more definition.

Edited by Bonhoff
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...