1/144 McDonnell Douglas MD-11 (Airfix DC-10 Conversion)

this is so good I have to comment again. I so want this on my shelf! This would be one of the best MD-11's I think I have ever seen

As Ray mentioned - it's hard to believe this started off as a DC-10

What ever you do, don't enter the Airliner 3 GB - no one else would stand a chance ;)lol

• Like 1

This is just :wow::wow::wow::wow::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::gobsmacked::mike: absolutely awesome.

You can be mighty proud on your conversion and all the hard work has payed off in full.

This must be the most beautiful MD-11 model kit around and then some...

I am highly impressed.

I must also try to get hold of that polishing compound you use on your models.This seems to work much better than the Tamyia stuff i am using.

Keep up the good work and I stay tuned for other airliners of yours to appear on BM

Cheers,

Alex

this is so good I have to comment again. I so want this on my shelf! This would be one of the best MD-11's I think I have ever seen

As Ray mentioned - it's hard to believe this started off as a DC-10

What ever you do, don't enter the Airliner 3 GB - no one else would stand a chance ;)lol

Yup, great job Phil :worthy:

thank you guys for your kind comments! I think I started this project as an amateur but I think taking this on helped me ten-fold, -also all the advice and tips really made a huge difference to the overall result

Holy mackerel! Absolutely beautiful - makes me want to go dig that old Heller DC-10 (1/120 scale) out of my stash and start working on it.

An absolutely stunning piece of work. The quality of the paintwork is outstanding, especially the purple. This looks like the quality one used to see in those beautiful travel agent models back in the day.

Edited by Meatbox8