Takom Chieftain Mk 10 Berlin Brigade

Here is my Takom Chieftain Mk 10.

I was pretty impressed with the kit overall - the tracks work well but I still managed to get them wrong around the rear sprocket. The camo scheme is not accurate but I was losing the will to live with all of the masking needed.

I matched to Tamiya colours as best as I could as I 100% trust them not to clog my airbrush unlike some other brands.

The turret baskets looked a bit empty so I got some Value gear tarps and the excellent Meng water bottles.

It's probably a bit over weathered but looks really toy like once you've finished all the masking so it needs something. I think the real ones were pretty well looked after from the photos I found.

Any comments or feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks for Looking

IMG_5501_zpsipoyl9e5.jpgIMG_5513_zpssbkgiadn.jpgIMG_5509_zpste45mzyl.jpgIMG_5490_zpsqle28ikq.jpgIMG_5540_zpsxs7pcyok.jpgIMG_5535_zpsldmojejl.jpg

• Like 26

Maybe you are a little more (I think not) weathered, but you're absolutely right with this camouflage may look like a toy, personally I would not, no offense, but that touch that has given him, makes him look very real IHMO, I seen other, equally well made (have completed camo), but I did not like about it, it did not seem real.

I like a lot, :gobsmacked::goodjob: , cheers mate :thumbsup2:

Thanks all for the encouragement - I will play the card that this tank was on exercise and not in the streets of Berlin to explain the over weathered bit. Weathering is like a packet of biscuits - once you start you can't stop...

Cheers

David

Not being a target modeller, it looks very tasty indeed. I do like the camo pattern but the shiny blinky light on top, why would you want to attract yourself as a target...

Colin

The orange light was to comply with the road law in Germany for large and/or slow moving vehicles. If used off road you would draw attention as a target - from anyone senior to yourself.

Edited by Phil Evans
  • Like 1

Hi, thanks for posting this kit. I have one to build as part of a homage to my late father in law who was a tanky and served in Berlin. I'm not a military modeller so this has given me a great idea what it should look like.

Cheers Dave.

Oh-no! I promised myself not to get a Chieftain having all to many kits already, but seeing your model - in Berlin colours nonetheless - makes me want one...! :goodjob:

Well, like the fish said when it was swimming up the Colorado river and hit a concrete wall:"Damn!" - I really shouldn't........ :hmmm:

Cheers :bye:

Hans

PS: ... :hmmm: