Lucky win today....

Paul J

...... at work! Yesterday an email came round offering tickets for Farnborough. Names to go in hat and lucky recipient (around 12 I think) who have names drawn win! And today I learn that I am one of them and have ticket for Tuesday, one of the trade days. One thing I have to do is post pics up on the company chat room with a few notes of the day. The last time I went was 1998 and the very first time 1968. Someone said to me when I mentioned those dates said the aeroplanes nowadays have jet engines and no propellers. Shucks!

But I am well pleased and whats more still get paid for it!!! Its treated as a 'development training event' or something like that.

Makes up for missing yeovilton I had hoped to get to but didn't. And... its a LOT closer to home.

• Like 8

Congratulations and enjoy the day. I can only imagine how good it was back in 1968.

A few I recall from '68 were Civvy reg BAC167 and Lightning F53 for export to Saudi, Victor and a pair of Lightnings refeuiling demo, Polish Iskra, lots of then modern light aircraft, not sure what airliners were there then but there was a NAMc YS11 from Japan, you knoe, the Avro 748 look a likey, and the crash of a berguet Atlantic a few days before I went during the trade week. And it was very wet in September that year!!!!

• Like 1