Kinetic 1/72 C-17A

falcon

15 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

I hope you've seen these two builds before hitting the 'buy' button:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/280897-172-anigrand-c-17a-globemaster-work-continues/

Not to start a debate about accuracy but considering the cost of the kit there is a lot to modify to make it look even halfway correct.

At least the kit will give you years of 'enjoyment' 😁

Cheers

Markus

Agree Markus, the fist link you posted is mine (I have a build thread here on BM as well), I have been working on it on and off since 2006! I might finish it just before the Kinetic kit hits the shelves

On 4/10/2024 at 4:58 PM, tomprobert said:

Just be aware that the early versions of the Anigrand kit have the wing a scale 6 feet too far forward which ruins the look of the model. I believe later versions were corrected but it may be worth checking. Also, the whole cockpit and nose is totally wrong - again it can be corrected but it is a lot of work. 

I built the Combat vac a few years ago and it seems it was a direct copy of the Anigrand kit (or vice-versa) and it proved to be a lot of work to get it up to scratch. However, it was a lot of fun!

Tom,

All versions on the Anigrand kit are inaccurate, the 'update' was cosmetic and did not address the shape issues of the nose or the possession of the wing. The engines are also not good, I suppose I should put everyone out theie misery and finish mine so Kinetic release theirs :D

53434034626_52d549dafc_b.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks everyone for the comments.  Yes Ray I’ve read your thread on ARC and I’ll look up the others.  I’m under no illusions whatever as to what to expect here.  The only thing I can think of on the plus side is that dealing with a problem at the start is 5 times easier than trying to fix it halfway through.  And I’ve got a lot of reference pics and TWO Revell jobs…

i agree, if you get it finished, that’s when Kinetic will come out with theirs.  But I wouldn’t be able to afford it.

BTW, my wife if querying where you’re going to put it…

• Like 1

And there is NO WAY I’m going to attempt anything like what podciech did.  Never never never.  That’s just insane.  I’ll fix the shapes as I can, do what I do, and that’s it.  Life’s too short.  (good grief….)

• Like 1

On 4/14/2024 at 12:23 PM, mike_hore said:

Thanks everyone for the comments.  Yes Ray I’ve read your thread on ARC and I’ll look up the others.  I’m under no illusions whatever as to what to expect here.  The only thing I can think of on the plus side is that dealing with a problem at the start is 5 times easier than trying to fix it halfway through.  And I’ve got a lot of reference pics and TWO Revell jobs…

i agree, if you get it finished, that’s when Kinetic will come out with theirs.  But I wouldn’t be able to afford it.

BTW, my wife if querying where you’re going to put it…

Thanks Mike,

Well in our place in Canberra I had a good sized model room and space. We've moved the Adelaide and it is a smaller space. I will need to move things around to make space. Or just box it up and put it in the garage until I want to display it.