Meng A39 Tortoise

Hi guys!

Well as part of my bench clearing escapade that I've had going on, I have been trying to clear 5 projects off my bench. Starting with the Willys Jeep which some of you might have seen I've pressed ahead with this peculiar build leaving the Easy 8 Sherman and JSU-152 for another day.

I say it's a peculiar build because it started in 2012 when I had never actually built any armour and decided to ease myself in with this kit (place heavy sarcasm here). Lets just say I built it, but was scared off by the running gear so left it on the shelf of doom for about a year until my dad (HL-10 on here) felt sorry for it and finished off the running gear, painted and weathered her then got bored of her half way through the track and left her on the shelf of doom for another 3 years. fast forward to a week ago when i peeled it off the shelf and finished the track, painted the co-ax barrels and did the cabling down the side. So basically its an unloved co-op build between me and my dad, which finished surprisingly well actually considering it took 4 years to complete...

37283122-6729-4CC3-B472-CA8E188C690E_zps

51B5EA7B-0836-445F-8BC4-AF787E815DE8_zps

FD033CD5-4389-49E5-A769-C0DE4FF3E15A_zps

A0515542-95E2-416F-8DA0-2208B13BDF2F_zps

The exhaust is HL-10's work so credits to him because it is pretty fab

Thanks guys!

Sam

• Like 20

That is a fantastic result for such a long wait! Very well done. And well done to HL-10 too for the exhausts!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

• 1 month later...