New 1/72 Eduard Spitfire IXc

Giorgio N

48 minutes ago, Procopius said:

That might be happening -- I tried to get the trailing edge a little thinner. Your ailerons are in much further than mine, it looks like.

Interesting. I made no mods or extra trimming to mine. Its how the parts came off the sprues. 

If anything from past experiences i hardly use any glue on trailing edges or joints like these where the plastic is thin. On other kits I have had sink marks in the surface from glue underneath which just makes more work. 

Less is more.

Just a touch of extra thin or type s around the edges of anything for me now...

Hello,

yesterday I received my Eduard F.Mk IX. Having the late Mk.IX too, I checked the lower wing of the two versions: other that the different carburettor intake, there is some small difference in panel lines, but in principle it should be easy to convert the lower part of the "late" wing for mounting the short carburettor intake and finally converting the "late" wing in an F. MkIX wing with retrofitted narrow gun bulges.

On 8/1/2017 at 6:01 AM, Wm Blecky said:

Although intended for the Airfix kit, what about using Pavla's Spitfire set in this instance:

Yes, it's a little work and elbow grease, but it does have both types of wing bulges, plus there are some other little bits that look useful.

Alternatively, if you are one of those fellas who like to play with RTV and resin, you could make a simple mold of the Eduard wing bulge you want, cast a few sets and just sand off the bulge you want to replace.  Just a thought.

Some bits from the Pavla conversion can indeed be useful. However the wing bulges are better taken from the various AZ and other boxes, as they can be glued on the wing top without having to drill the whole panel. Alternatibvely, resin copies as you suggest are a good solution and I already have a number of homemade moulds for this kind of work. Guns and prop may also be used but really the Eduard parts are good enough. The Pavla radiators on the other hands are not accurate, better use the Eduard ones. The problem remains that work on the wing has to be careful to avoid damaging the beautiful surface detail

• Like 1