Prototypes, Experimentals, World Firsts & Record Breakers GB Chat

Thanks for all your "modding" on this one, Tony, and your encouragement.  

Sorry I didn't finish on time, but I WILL persevere, thanks to the great idea - definitely not your normal gb..

Philip

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

...On the subject of things that are good; everything in the Gallery is.....but;

Some pictures have vanished due to the Photobucket scourge; I was recently looking back over superb WIP's in this wonderful forum. What Photobucket did is a disgrace. It looks like there's been some kind of war, looking back at old threads; that annoying '3rd Party' Photomuppet box everywhere :angrysoapbox.sml:!

@Head in the clouds. Bluebird photos have (just recently?) gone, and all of @Colin W entries too :(!

I've sent PM's offering help with relinking. The only problem is that it's half past midnight now for me here in the future; and I'll be sleeping at some point soon.

If any of you could help them recover their photos etc while I'm counting sheep, I would be most grateful :).

Colin is in a similar time zone to me so I'm a little concerned he may miss this message. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again folks, happy Sunday 

Best regards :bye: 

TonyT

Thanks Tony for an interesting GB

Sorry that I didn't manage to complete my little Heinkel in time

Perhaps someone with admin rights can give it a try and edit the Gallery picture links with ransom pic (pic.photobucket.com/bwe.png) to the loop-hole solution that I found in another forum.

It might work for a while, hopefully long enough for the voting.

Add the following to the picture link  punkbucket.com.../..pic_01.jpg to punkbucket.com.../..pic_01.jpg~original

• Like 1

Thanks chaps! I'm out of likes.

It's past 10am here so well, past midnight in the UK?

A final thanks to Mike for creating and maintaining this forum, where we can have great fun like this, to Enzo for great help behind the scenes, to PiN for being a great co-host (he promises to be back soon :D), and to all that participated.

:thanks: 

A few inspirational moments to finish with (all clips public domain and educational use licence):

48 years and 3 days ago this little journey:

53 years and 6 days ago, this little drive in a fast car:

30th of October 1961; most powerful man made explosion in history, most powerful nuclear weapon ever detonated:

July the 27th 1949, the world's first commercial jet airliner:

The 27th of August 1939, first full flight of a turbojet powered aircraft:

6th of November 1930; 150mph on a Motorcycle (silent film):

The Wright brothers achieve their distance record in 1909 (silent film):

So many world changing Prototypes, World Firsts and Record Breakers, so much incredible technological change, in the last 110 years or so.

What major frontiers will humankind overcome next :hmmm: ?

Best regards :bye: 

TonyT

• Like 3

Hi Chaps.

I've been on holiday in the USA for the last few weeks so have not been able to address the lost pictures issue. Thanks for the offer Tony, I'll try to find a solution. I did manage to visit the Smithsonian to see the original Wright Flyer so not too bad. 

Great to see some final entries. 

I enjoyed the building and seeing the others take shape. 

Colin 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

The poll is now open! 

It will close at midnight (UK time) on Sunday 13 August.

Thanks Enzo

Is it a coincidence that you started the poll and already have 50% of the votes ? :hmmm:

Just teasing  :P

Good luck everyone, and thanks to our Hosts Pin & Tony for an amazing GB, which has a fantastically diverse group of completed builds, everything from rockets, to submarines !

:cheers: Pat

5 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Ooh!  My highest score in a GB so far!  :bounce:   :D 

I wont spoil it for him by pointing out only 2 people have voted so far, let's just keep that a secret between ourselves. ;)

15 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Awwwwwww....   :D

Without wishing to embarrass you ol' mate, but thanks for doing all the Group Build stuff.

If it wasn't for the interaction with all the other builders and supporters on here I doubt I would get round to building anything at all...

And if Mrs Jockney ever meets you, you are in a lot of trouble I can tell you :door:

cheers Pat

• Like 2

Yay! We have the poll underway :thumbsup:!

Thanks Enzo very much appreciated.

It's very, very difficult to decide with this variety to choose from.

You've all created a Group Build gallery to be proud of :).

Good luck to all. Please encourage everyone you can to vote, more votes = more fun :D.

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dermo245 said:

Think the Poll is a bit skew-wiff? Keep getting an error message...B)

It was a minor problem with the site update. There were a few threads like this.  Mike has fixed it now. 

• Like 2

Five days left. We have a leader. It could change. 

Have a vote; go on...go on

Best regards

TonyT

Hello people,

Just to congratulate Mr. @Enzo Matrix on winning the poll 

:clap::clap:  :partytime:

With 7 votes; 25% of the total his Streak Eagle did it.

Lovely work on the metal finishes. The build can be seen here:

:goodjob: 

Please PM address/PO box details Enzo and I'll send your prize book:

IMG_1141.jpg

::clap:          :yahoo:

Once again thank you to all you wonderful creative people that took part. Of course, to Enzo for making it all work.

My next Group Build role will be as a co-host for this group build;

It has a cast of thousands and will feature very good special effects, with multiple interwoven story lines 🎥.

Please join us if you like floaty things that can fly (like my pet Puffin). All are welcome and it will be great fun, leading us nicely up to the Christmas period.

Bye for now :bye: 

TonyT

• Like 2

I'd like to congratulate @Enzo Matrix for winning this poll! The NMF F-15 looks superb!

I'd like also to thank @TonyTiger66 for hosting the GB and his support and interest during my build, which was a last minute entry (last 3 weeks of the GB).

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Big thank you to our hosts,  :clap: congratulations to everyone who managed to finish their builds,  :clap:especially Enzo for winning the poll,  :worthy:and to all those like myself who scored a golden duck in the voting  :violin: better luck next time.  :deadhorse:

Cheers Pat :cheers:

• Like 1

totally agree, the hosting has been excellent, why even 'Just GRRRReat'. So much so, that I may yet turn up with a floaty thing and manage two builds in one year as I've failed to get to the start line for the Made in GB gb.

• Like 1

Tony, I want to congratulate you with outstanding debut in GB host role - well done!

I would also like to congratulate all the participants - that was fun, and although I haven't finished (well, just started) my Valkyrie :)

• Like 2

Many thanks to Tony from me as well, and thanks to everyone who participated, we saw some really interesting models. Congrats too to Enzo on the Streak Eagle, a very worth winner of the poll.

On 15/08/2017 at 18:55, TonyTiger66 said:

Hello people,

Just to congratulate Mr. @Enzo Matrix on winning the poll 

:clap::clap:  :partytime:

With 7 votes; 25% of the total his Streak Eagle did it.

Wow!    I'm shocked!   And honoured.  Thank you to all who voted for me.  This is the first GB I've won.

However, all the accolades should go to Tony for his able hosting of a very complex and interesting Groupbuild.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2017 at 8:09 AM, jrlx said:

I'd like to congratulate @Enzo Matrix for winning this poll! The NMF F-15 looks superb!

I'd like also to thank @TonyTiger66 for hosting the GB and his support and interest during my build, which was a last minute entry (last 3 weeks of the GB).

Cheers

Jaime

On 17/08/2017 at 3:08 AM, JOCKNEY said:

Big thank you to our hosts,  :clap: congratulations to everyone who managed to finish their builds,  :clap:especially Enzo for winning the poll,  :worthy:and to all those like myself who scored a golden duck in the voting  :violin: better luck next time.  :deadhorse:

Cheers Pat :cheers:

On 17/08/2017 at 4:11 AM, Mjwomack said:

totally agree, the hosting has been excellent, why even 'Just GRRRReat'. So much so, that I may yet turn up with a floaty thing and manage two builds in one year as I've failed to get to the start line for the Made in GB gb.

On 18/08/2017 at 11:54 PM, Pin said:

Tony, I want to congratulate you with outstanding debut in GB host role - well done!

I would also like to congratulate all the participants - that was fun, and although I haven't finished (well, just started) my Valkyrie :)

12 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Wow!    I'm shocked!   And honoured.  Thank you to all who voted for me.  This is the first GB I've won.

However, all the accolades should go to Tony for his able hosting of a very complex and interesting Groupbuild.

Thanks folks! 

I'm out of likes today, but consider all comments 'liked' :thanks:

The group build has been great fun. I have to give special mention to @Pin; a great chap to have as a GB co-host. Helped me a great deal when I was a bit 'challenged'  with health stuff; thanks Pin :).

One thing that emerged here is how much fun it is to have a real variety of different types of models being built to a common theme.

When I looked at a proposal for the Evening Star again later, I realised that it could have qualified; I was a little upset that I could have got it in; not my area of knowledge (there is one, although I'm not sure where I left it), but certainly an area of enthusiasm.

We discussed in that thread, the possibility of a 'last Its of kind' group build. Enzo described how it could be framed really well. I'm going to go back to the chat thread and find the relevant posts.

If anyone is interested in another wacky, full of variety group build, then I'll start a thread for a 'last of' group build. Good grief, it would be for 2019 :frantic: ! Which is nearly 2020 :o!!

Where is the 21st century going? It doesn't seem 5 minutes since I was watching Big Ben chime in the first day of the year 2000!

Righto I'm off to figure out how to model the last day of the 20th century :christmas:!

Meanwhile, hope to see you all again on a thread soon. Thanks for all your great builds and threads, very kind comments, for lots of very nice models :):thumbsup2: 

All best regards

TonyT

PS: @enzo  I'll send you a PM about your prize, don't forget to claim, it's waiting to be posted :book::penguin: !

TT

• Like 2