Source for cable wrap?

Dr_Fester

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get hold of the plastic spirowrap cable sheath for braided cable?

DSC053581_zpsejqbizey.jpg

Shown here on Imster's wonderful NSR500 build http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234986850-tamiya-honda-nsr500-1984/page-6 . Tried to PM Imster but no reply so wonder if anyone knows where I can get hold of this?

Cheers

Doc

Thx for the reply guys,

I'm sure this is available off the shelf as I have seen it on quite a few builds, have tried Hiro and many other sites Rick with no success. I may have to go down the route Colin suggests either with a wrapped strip or spiral cut clear tube.

If I do ever find it I'll post a link here

Cheers

Doc

Hey all,

Imster makes these himself out of thin plastic card cut into strips, wrapped around a suitably sized iron rod and then slightly heated to keep the form. I'm not 100% sure on the technique but it's something like this.

On a german site I have seen a guy who made a jig with a razor blade. He uses clear hose that is pulled through in a twisting motion and as it passes through, the razor slices the hose. Tricky to adjust as you don't want the razor to slice the hose through and through.

Hope this helps!