**Dawn of the Jet Age - pre 1950 - we got 30!

I'm interested!

Either a SAAB 21R (production A/C in service 1949, decal options 1950, 52 or 53 for the operational ones) or a Yak-23 (but I'd like to do the polish FAI-record breaker in 1957).

Would any of those work?

Welcome aboard.

Those seem fine, they were both in production before 1950's, operational schemes in the 50's or even 60's would be ok. The main thing is that the particular model was produced or in service prior to 1950.

So if the production run for say the Republic A-85B Prairie Dog (fictitious) was started in 1948 and ran through to 1953, thats fine. If these aircraft were incorporated into a new squadrons only in 1959, again no problem as the original production was started before 1950. However if there was a mid-life upgrade in the mid 50's that changed the aircraft then really that wouldn't be acceptable.

If it's kept simple and a little bit or research is done there won't be any issues at all.

The bit about post 1950 markings being OK if the variant flew before the GB cut off date :shrug:

Arrr have I made a booby in the first post? I'll re-look at the basic rules again and fine tune them where required.

Plenty in the stash I could build for this one, count me in please.

Welcome aboard

I've made a first listing, but after re-reading the rules in the first post (updated I think, I didn't read the whole topic), I think I'm stuck with very few kits, and maybe only one.

So count me in with this.

meteor10.jpg

I understand that those two doesn't qualify, as one was built but didn't flew, and I don't know anything about the second, certainly a pure what-if???

And all the others are rocket-powered, which also mean they're out?

Edited by Antoine
  • Like 3

I've made a first listing, but after re-reading the rules in the first post (updated I think, I didn't read the whole topic), I think I'm stuck with very few kits, and maybe only one.

So count me in with this.

I understand that those two doesn't qualify, as one was built but didn't flew, and I don't know anything about the second, certainly a pure what-if???

ar_23410.jpg

kyushu10.jpg

And all the others are rocket-powered, which also mean they're out?

A nice selection, but unfortunately these two are out, the Ar-234C was built, however there is no record they actually flew and the Shindenkai (Hmm I only know of the Shinden) is unfortunately a Whif.

The rockets too are not eligible, though we do need a rocket plane GB, we are trying to get a Me-163 STGB up, but there just isn't enough interested members, I think we're still stuck around the 12-15 mark for interested members, it may even be less!!

I am in - he 162 incoming

welcome aboard, and the first with one of these as well!

opps just rereading the post I forgot to add you in Antoine, welcome aboard to, and nothing wrong with the Meteor, there are a lot of fans of them here!

Well that makes 30!!! :partytime:

Now it's time to wake up Enzo so that we can go through to the next stage.

So don't forget to vote everyone and try and drag in as many friends as well, and if anyone would like to co-host they'd be more than welcome

Nice choices, though the MiG-15bis falls the wrong side of 1950, it didn't enter service until about 1953, so she won't be eligible. Plus I think the Wyvern too is just the wrong side of 1950 as well, I think it was 1953 as well!

I am looking at the moment in my stash and found a 1/48 Tamiya Meteor F3 with a F4 wing conversion. Maybee doing it in Dutch colors. But also found a 1/32 Revell He-162 Salamander with some extra's.

Hmmmm desicions. Luckely it is for next year (I hope), so I think I have changed my mind a couple of times by then.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just a bit of a nudge folks!!!!

remember voting starts for the 2017 GB's in November, so there's less than a month to go!!!!!  :frantic:

There's a huge range of really interesting aircraft from this period, so there should be plenty of choices to suit most people.

So need to get as many votes as we can for this to go through, so don't forget to vote and try and get as many other members as you can to vote for it as well!!

So get too it!!!!

• Like 1

How could anyone like an F-16 or MiG-29 over something like this!!!!

These were the days when men were men and aircraft like this were very likely send you into a spiral of death at any time!! But they looked cool while doing it!

• Like 1

It's the blistering pace and unlimited military budgets that makes it such an interesting period. Nobody expected the Pirate to soldier on more than 5 years in any case whereas the F-16 has lived for 40. Just think 40 years prior to the Pirate and what kind of Aircraft that flew then...

• Like 2