RMS Armadale Castle, 1903

Once again Bob a lovely model, where do you find the reference material from, do you have loads of books and drawings, pictures from your career in the Merchant Navy, hope i got that right. Your subjects are brilliant and are a credit to you.

Cheers

Jim

Thanks for replies. I have lots of technical books gathered over many years full of small plans, and fold out plans of literally thousands of merchant ships. I was with the Union-Castle Mail Steamship Co. myself for a number of years, sailing in Richmond Castle, Transvaal Castle, Windsor Castle, Pretoria Castle, Edinburgh Castle, Pendennis Castle, and Good Hope Castle. My profile picture dates to 1965, when I was sailing in Richmond Castle, and was taken aboard Argentinian full-rigged ship Libertad that I visited when we were in Marseilles!

Jim, Diesel - I replied to your last question ages ago, see your Brit Model message box (not yet read)!

I am practically a "lone merchant navy modeller" these days, and hardly ever see any other MN ship models.

Bob

Hi Bob, thanks for the reply, i did read your reply, but i think i did something wrong when i had read it, sorry about that. I think your models are brilliant and show the variety of ships that were around when you sailed the seas, alas there doesn't seem to be the variety these days, i hope you continue to model your ships as they are a history of the MN.

Thanks for replying

Jim