Airfix 2017

Denford

1 hour ago, VMA131Marine said:

What's the list of iconic aircraft again:

......................Phantom FG.1/FGR.2: New 1/48th scale kit?

One more for the road:

Buccaneer S.2B: New 1/48th scale kit

Sorry to burst yer bubble, but BOTH will be announced for 2017 but NOT in 48th,

they'll BOTH be 24th! With a Hunter F.6 / F.G.A.9 for 2018!!! :analintruder:

(I out for the day, can you tell!!!)

• Like 1

I made the Hobbycraft one for a client about 8 years ago and used the entire Flightpath set on the thing. This looks nearly as good as most of that work without the gyp. And a right way up aerofoil. I know the surface detail will be better too.

I want dropped flaps ( ;) )but no doubt Eduard will oblige ( though I really liked the FP ones - superb and way better than anything I imagine injection stuff could deliver ) 

Yup, I am looking forward to this one.

2 hours ago, The Wooksta! said:

Are they going to scale it down?

:lol:

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

And, true to the old famous quote 'You can please some modellers some of the time but you can't please all modellers all of the time'....yawwwnnnn.

C'mon Airfix, enough with the fumble finger scale stuff, you've saved me enough money with these last three announcements, so come on where's my 72nd scale Sea Vixen & Javelin eh?? EH?? I have enough saved to buy, oh, two of each now....!!  :P :lol:

1 hour ago, Meatbox8 said:

Nooooo.  Wrong flippin' scale.  I wish the Ms262 was 1/48th and the Sea Fury 1/72nd!

Gentlemen, patients they say is a virtue, rock up to SMW in a week, you can TELL Airfix!!! :whistle::wicked:

1 hour ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

What about a new P47D Thunderbolt in 1/72 scale ? I call it an Iconic aircraft ..

While a new Airfix 1/72 P-47 would make commercial sense, there absolutely no possibility that it would, to quote Airfix "certainly cause something of a stir"

2 hours ago, Jon Kunac-Tabinor said:

Hunter!

Jonners

No, my money is on a new tooling 1/72 Vulcan. One year after XH558's final flight, a logical follow-up to the Victor and definitely an "iconic aircraft"...

Robert

• Like 1

Best news I've heard this week....but September 2017!?!...:(..Dammit...I want it now...

So there's atleast half a dozen i want to build...including the one of the FB.11's my Grandfather flew in combat over Korea...and someone please,please do decals for Spencer Flak's G-FURY.

Now then Airfix can i have a new tool 1/48 Spitfire FR.14e for 2018....and i'll promise i'll stop bugging you...maybe:rolleyes:

• Like 1

I suppose I shouldn't complain as it will help my bank balance and keep stash mountain within manageable proportions but so far Airfix haven't announced anything I want for next year.  I was on a roll with them with the Swift, Vampire, Gnat, Shackleton, Lightnings and Victor but I was really hoping they'd scale down their Sea Vixen and Javelin.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Wooksta! said:

Are they going to scale it down?

:lol:

I sincerely hope so but they seem to be more in to scaling up (Defiant, Gnat) then scaling down.  More's the pity. 

1 minute ago, Meatbox8 said:

I sincerely hope so but they seem to be more in to scaling up (Defiant, Gnat) then scaling down.  More's the pity. 

So that means a 1/24 Sea Fury in 2019...   

3 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

So that means a 1/24 Sea Fury in 2019...   

Ha ha.  Could be.  I am still surprised that the future Me262 release isn't in that scale.  I reckon that would be a real seller for them.

Hmmm! Walrus, Mustang, Sea Fury!  Nothing there at all to float my boat I'm afraid. Still, I'm sure the Fury will be a great seller and, I'm genuinely pleased for those of you who welcome this and the other 1/48 announcements.  On the positive side, I will (so far!) be saving money next year as, the only one to interest me out of the four announced to date is the Me 262. Of course, that may change with future announcements!!  (as long as it's not another b****y Spitfire!!):wicked::lol:

Allan

Edited by Albeback52
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, PhoenixII said:

Gentlemen, patients they say is a virtue, rock up to SMW in a week, you can TELL Airfix!!! :whistle::wicked:

I've been telling them that they did the Sea Vixen & Javelin in the wrong scale every year since they released them, They still haven't listened & corrected their mistakes!

Keith

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

I am still waiting for Airfix to downscale their 1/48 metal wing Hurricane Mk 1 in 1/72 ...

Well Patrice, seeing as they still haven't done the right thing with the Sea Vixen & Javelin, & that it took them 20odd years to do the Lightning properly after they did the lovely 1/48 ones ( and they still haven't done the small tank jets!), I wouldn't hold your breath....!!

Keith

• Like 1

At last ! With the news about the Airfix Sea Fury a kit that I will buy - thanks Airfix. I wonder if they could be persuaded to do the T20 as well?

John

4 hours ago, oz rb fan said:

more money going to Airfix......now if someone will do decals for the one flying in the UK in the prototype markings i'll be VERY happy..........and can we have a 1/48 firefly MK5/6 PLEASE

If it's a Firefly you're after, go for the Special Hobby one - it's a really good kit. (Or is your point that there aren't any around any more?)

Nick.

4 hours ago, oz rb fan said:

more money going to Airfix......now if someone will do decals for the one flying in the UK in the prototype markings i'll be VERY happy..........and can we have a 1/48 firefly MK5/6 PLEASE

If it's a Firefly you're after, go for the Special Hobby one - it's a really good kit. (Or is your point that there aren't any around any more?)

Nick.

18 minutes ago, guillaume320 said:

I'm convinced the Sea Fury in 1/48 was announced long time ago??  I doesn't sound like news to me...   

???

It must have been a dream :) Unless you had leaked info from Airfix, it was not public knowledge till today.