Airfix 2017

Denford

Well my No 2 Choice for a Airfix 1/72 new toolie (after the Westland Wasp No 1 Choice of course :thumbsup: ), would have to be the Fairy Flycatcher with wheel and float options and all you numpties that say they can't do one because no real examples survive can sod off! Bet they come out with De Havilland Mosquito instead !

fairey_flycatcher.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 6

Have to say given my experiences with the new heinkel so far I look forwards to seeing any new stuff from airfix, like building a Lego model the engineering is so good and the details good. More ww2 twins and heavies is definetly welcome as indeed post war ones

I quite agree. A new Wellington with a later T.10 release would be great.

Chatting to my neighbour, who’s gardener has a son who is the security guard for Hornby, apparently Airfix are going to release a new model of the Westland Lysander in 1/24th Scale next year.

He's a reliable source, so there you have it.

• Like 2

Chatting to my neighbour, who’s gardener has a son who is the security guard for Hornby, apparently Airfix are going to release a new model of the Westland Lysander in 1/24th Scale next year.

It would get my vote............................................ but not SWMBO :fight: .................................. :frantic:

I know that Hornby Security Guard !!! .... he has a dog called Dora who (although also sworn to secrecy) managed to bark something that sounded a lot like "woof woof"..

I put two and two together and worked out that Airfix are coming out with a new 1/24 scale Fw190 D9 as well.

How clever am I...

Cheers.. Dave.

• Like 7

Apparently Hornby are doing it:

Airfix 1/72 House of Commons battle set. Has realistic sound effects (uses hot air as power source).

Comes with PM (M or F), Speaker and 48 MP's in various action poses - speaking, heckling, waving order papers, sleeping.

Extra MP packs will be available so you can model a packed House during a crucial debate. No sign yet of a Labour leadership set, however.

I'm told the Lords was mooted as a possible follow on release but then abolished as no-one can see the point of it.

• Like 7

Obviously they have a Matchbox 1/32 Lysander in a prominent position to mis-lead those who should be minding their own business.

• Like 1

Apparently Hornby are doing it:

Airfix 1/72 House of Commons battle set. Has realistic sound effects (uses hot air as power source).

Comes with PM (M or F), Speaker and 48 MP's in various action poses - speaking, heckling, waving order papers, sleeping.

Extra MP packs will be available so you can model a packed House during a crucial debate. No sign yet of a Labour leadership set, however.

I'm told the Lords was mooted as a possible follow on release but then abolished as no-one can see the point of it.

To extend the series and bring back some good old Airfix 'play value' There will be a model of the original Palace of Westminster with cellers that you can fit fireworks in and complete the job Guy Fawkes failed to do.

• Like 1

I'm holding out for the Ted Heath/Harold Wilson dogfight double.

Nah.

Gladstone and Disraeli would be better - more class with the potential for some delightfully cutting period language....! :wicked:

Mike. ;)

• Like 4

What about General Aircraft Hamilcar? No plastic model so far, great addition to D-Day range or Market Garden.

General_Aircraft_Hamilcar_2.jpg

I will be honest, I'm just trying to sneak another AFV in to 1/72 Airfix range.

M22_locust_06.jpg

• Like 6

What about General Aircraft Hamilcar? No plastic model so far, great addition to D-Day range or Market Garden.

General_Aircraft_Hamilcar_2.jpg

I will be honest, I'm just trying to sneak another AFV in to 1/72 Airfix range.

M22_locust_06.jpg

Yes please! Air fix could dominate the market in assault gliders!

Two months on from my original post to start this thread (followers are invited to see what I actually said) - and about the same time to Telford and still no new announcements from Airfix. The lack of them as Telford approaches makes anything before then less and less likely.

Traditionally there have always been announcement(s) at Telford and in recent years has usually been something big. The last truly BIG announcement at Telford was the Typhoon in 2103. This was followed by certain 'teasings' in early December, with final revelations just before Christmas. So far 2016 has been the same and could be argued is being kept that way to maximise the impact of the Telford announcement. Saying no more till Christmas allows time for it to 'sink in' without distractions.

Something Big to my mind is 1/24 and we know that the Typhoon sold well enough to warrant the 'Car Door' version to follow. I'll not repeat myself on what I think it will be.

Uncle Dick analysed past 1/72 releases to estimate 'around 10 new 1/72 subjects' of which one each would be German and US. A 1/24 subject would reduce output to 'no more than 10' and almost certainly no 4-engined heavies.

What we may expect is a) 'Rescaling' of existing subjects of which the Meteor is a prime candidate B) Sprue changes to recent subjects - can anyone suggest where the sprue layout suggests this c) Retoolings of existing subjects - no surprises here and the Wellington must be near 'the head of the queue' d) Surprises - who would have thought a Kate or Whitley? e) No quick follow - ons: if say WWl subjects prove positive it will need a year + of good retail sales with a further 1-2 years for development and tooling. And of course there has to be a 'spread'; can't be all WWll single-seaters.

8 weeks to Telford but almost 4 months to Christmas.

• Like 2

Totally agree with your sentiments Denford.

Airfix seem to go in cycles with the Telford announcements. We must be due a 1/48 this year.....................what it is any ones guess..... cold war?????

Dick

• Like 1

Totally agree with your sentiments Denford.

Airfix seem to go in cycles with the Telford announcements. We must be due a 1/48 this year.....................what it is any ones guess..... cold war?????

Dick

1/48 Hunter anyone, we all know the Academy kit has issues. I'd like something FAA too, Scimitar or a new Buccaneer with option for S.1 as well as S.2 or even a Gannet AS.1 or AEW.3

• Like 1

If Telford is going to be 'the' show for 1/48 announcements then I predict Airfix will at least bless us with two new moulds.

Looking back at what was under that glass cabinet, we originally had the big 24th Tiff, then three 1/72 kits whilst announcement their Lidar technology and then the 1/72 Victor. The suggestions above of a 48 Hunter, Scimitar or new Bucc would seem to fit in quite well.

I'll admit that I was one of those pesky modellers who quoted that I was rather let down by the drip feed of new kits in preference for the Big Bang pre-Xmas annocement, however given the lack of news this year I'm starting to get a little eager about this quiet approach.

I'm sure (like recent history suggests) those great lads at Airfix will have something special up their sleeves and after all the chit chat that goes on here and elsewhere - we can all sit back and say ..... "thank-you" once again Mr. Airfix.

Cheers.. Dave.

I have to laugh at the number of people who claim to be privvy to what Airfix are doing. Those I know that are 'in the know' Do. Not. Say. Anything.

The best way to keep a secret is without help. :ninja:

My mum trained with the teacher who tried to teach that security guard French. :shutup: